NAD 7150 Stereo Receiver - NO power

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by slotcarbruce, Aug 12, 2013.

1. slotcarbruce

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    original owner of a NAD 7150 stereo receiver that features a power button with a slight delay before the power "clicks" on to the receiver when pushed in (turned "on"). according to the salesman, this delay feature has a particular function that i am not remembering at this time. this thirty year old switch has stopped "clicking" resulting in NO power to the unit. i'm guessing that this "click" is mechanical (the sound that used to come from the switch and speakers) and is broken. would like to replace the switch to just be able to turn power on/off.
    Questions:
    does anyone know where i might find an original NAD replacement power switch?
    can someone recommend a resource where i could download/print a wiring diagram/schematic of this receiver so that an appropriate on/off power switch (toggle?) could be inserted to bypass the original (has multiple connections to it)?
    i have no reason to replace the receiver - i just want to "turn it on"! i know, there's a punch line coming......
    any assistance/info will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    SCB

2. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Please post a clear photo of the receiver and switch in question.

3. sheldons

Oct 26, 2011
    is that the complete model number-im just looking through my service manuals....

4. slotcarbruce

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    the receiver is boxed up in storage right now, unable to get to it reasonably. i believe that i have attached three scans of the owners manual showing: a picture of the front of the receiver; operating diagrams of the front and rear panels; and a description of the power switch. hope this helps.
    again, i do not have the receiver in front of me to get more model numbers/serial numbers from it. the owners manual says its a NAD 7150 Stereo Receiver Series 50.

5. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    The time delayed click is normally an internal relay that keeps the power stage isolated from the speakers until the power supply is up and balanced. There may also be a turn on surge protector circuit.