N. Korea Rocket Epic Fail!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Just read the headlines the rocket launch failed. Boooo that was sure worth not feeding your country to 2 years. Kim Jung XXXX sure missed an opportunity to not reach out to the west after his daddy died. Its pretty much a gaurantee they will be overrun or taken over under his leadership under old school commi rulz. He should have been smart and invited all the modern nations to the country begging for help to fix the infrastructure of his country. Then the west would have though, hey we can work with this kid, and his people might actually eat this decade. Such a shame, and you know its all his dads old friends advising him to keep away from the evil west.

If it was a test for the rocket to clear the launch pad, it might be considered a successful test!

:) joe

Rich (BB code):
(Reuters) - A North Korean ballistic missile failed after launch on Thursday
 and fell into the sea west of South Korea, at no time posing a threat to
 land, the U.S. military said.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command, NORAD, said it tracked
 the Taepo Dong-2 missile after its launch at 6:39 p.m. EDT on Thursday.

The first stage fell into the sea 165 km (103 miles) west of Seoul, South
 Korea, and the remainder of the satellite-carrying missile was deemed to
 have failed. No debris fell on land and at no time was the missile or debris
 deemed a threat, NORAD said.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
"North Korea said it wanted the Unha-3 rocket to put a weather satellite into orbit, although critics believed it was designed to enhance its capacity to design a ballistic missile to deliver a nuclear warhead capable of hitting the continental United States."

Why would they want to do this? Only to transform N.Korea into a big crater afterwards?

Even if it was true then it's only a continuation of the Cold War. There is no point in using them, at least not when it comes from a small nation.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Apparently Japan was taking it pretty seriously. According to the news they had several Patriot missiles ready to try to take it down if it came too close.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The next generation interceptor missiles, called THAAD (Theater High Altitude Air Defense) has been out for quite a while. Check it out sometime, I build parts for those.

Given I like having a job, that is all I'm going to say on the subject.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I've seen footage of military lasers on TV documentaries that were powerful enough to shoot down an overhead missile, and if those lasers are declassified enough to be on my TV then the GOOD lasers they have would definitely do the job.

In the main body of the missile where the fuel and oxy tanks are they just cause a slow failure so the missile "fails in flight" rather than an obvious air to air takedown.

The NK did fly the thing right over SK, maybe the real goal of the mission was to test if SK has working anti missile defences? Job done. ;)