My WorkStation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by R!f@@, May 25, 2010.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I really donno where this thread goes, it's not a project and definitely not something that anyone can do but something you might like to have.
    Any Idea what I am talking about or should I start typing rather then working on it? :confused:

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Some one needs to give you a project,that what you mean,
    or I think we are going where no one go's..

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Nope...I am talking about a Mobo

My Workstation mobo. During my transition. My workstation died somehow. Since then I have been working on a setup I rigged from scrap. Would you believe that, all the posting and picture and all is done by junk assembled PC.
    This thing is running 24/7. Never hangs or gives me trouble. But Now Since My new home is coming up, I have to start learning Auto Cad and interior home design. For this I need a better CPU and graphics. Since I always buy the best there is at the time my work station is one fast beast at that time. These are hard times and I cannot spend too much on my things. I have a few who I have to look after till my new home is done.
    I have bought everything then to make my workstation better. Like water cooling on the CPU and VGA and I was planning to make heat pipes for my mobo. Every little bit of item was bought and ready to start upgrading my workstation when the incident happened. The incident is moving from my old house to another so we can rebuilt the old one. This was sudden and I did not tell you all exactly what happened to make us move suddenly. This being an internal family matter I cannot discuss in an open forum. But all I can say is that the Maldivian government or the judge had given their final verdict to my dad to get the place vacant or get punished.This is all very unbelievable to you all, but the things that happen here are way out of your league. Well enuf with that. what is done is done and we are moving on. Badder and better so to say.

time : mid year 2007

Well...back to the subject. I was going to make a cooler for my VGA card, a GT8800 this thing puts out a lot of heat. So I thought of making it a cooler since I have custom made a VGA water cooler for a good friend of mine a couple of years ago and still to this day it is running like a new card. Cool and quite. Now with that experience I know I can make a better one for me. So everything was bought and at that time I was trying desolder the power connectors on the VGA and due to my Hakko desoldering pump being nonoperative (Then I cannot buy things from abroad and have no friends like you all around the world) I sum how managed to damage the card, I think I broke a through hole power connection, it being a multilayer board. All it does is gives a power failure alarm after the power connector replacement. So the project was off.

time : Now 2010
    Well. Now some how I got to make this thing running under the circumstances and I thought this would be a very good episode to share with all of you.
    And today I took out my old faithful below.

[​IMG]

It does not power up :(

4. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    The world Is waiting,go guy.

5. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    OK...:D
    Since I am the one to repair these here and there. I don't have any one to ask for help. Everyone is asking me. What a predicament.
    I am working on it now taking breaks every now and then. Haven't slept, its morning and I have to go and discuss the BOQ of our house with dad and the contractor. :(
    Later........fellow members

6. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    17 guest that a lot for off-topic at 1:am eastern.

7. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    I remember trying to install windows 7 to this but every time after finishing the setup and at the first log in screen the darn thing stops and displays a message "the network path was not found". From this point the system refuses to log on to the windows. I tried creating guest accounts, typed passwords, re installed windows over and over and over again. But had no success. I just can't seem to install win 7 to this board then. I never liked vista so I stick with XP at that time.

After the destroying a very expensive PCIe VGA Card at that time shown below
    [​IMG]

I tried to move the Power connector due to limited size of my casing, the connectors are jamming against the HDD's. So I decided to change the connector as shown and did change and after that this thing never powered up :eek:.
    I guess I blew it big time. So I got fed up with the all the water cooling project and it got delayed and all this happened.

After finding out the board had failed, I tried a couple of time to fix it but to no Vail. It seems the board powers up when I bent it, if I straighten it, the power goes off. Definitely a loose but I never found it.
    Very recently a friend of mine gave me this VGA card shown below
    [​IMG]
    A payment for fixing his motherboard. He went and bought this card thinking he had a VGA fault but later found out it was the mobo fault.
    So I ended up with a pretty neat VGA again

8. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    Do you ever do any case mods???? I bet your workstation would look pretty cool in this case I designed for the Intel/Dell Case Mod competition, (This case took first place!! and got me an Alienware Area51 Gaming PC ;) )
    [​IMG]

it use to look like this till I got a hold of it!!
    [​IMG]

you can check out the worklog here >>>http://www.morse-code.com/id158.htm
    B. Morse

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  9. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    So now I have a VGA card again and due to the recent issues I once again thought I would try to fix the board and I really donno what happened, I donno whether fate was on my side or luck or what ever. After a few attempts with the new ATI card the board powered up. So I fixed it to the casing I used to have and it works. :D
    Here is a PIC. The casing was being painted to make it all nice and pretty then. But was stopped in midway.

[​IMG]

What can I say.....but I am not a lucky guy for all I know.
    So Hooked it up with a new HDD and DVD writer.
    And this time I thought of trying 7 again.
    and guess what the same issue. below is what I get.

[​IMG]

Network path not found

So what the heck is that. No body here seem to get this issue..only me...why or why or why did this is happening to me.
    This is driving me nuts.....I am literally going crazy with this issue..
    I tried with different windows and what I have now is a genuine Win7 pack.
    So what is this network issue..I mean when I had XP I did not have a network issue, only with this board with win7.

I checked the network cable too and it seems the network is off

[​IMG]

I got pretty mad and gave it quick yank and guess what it lit and only lits when I press the cable hard

[​IMG]

I tried cleaning the pins but no success. I tried holding the cable in a lit condition and starting windows but still stop at log on with the stupid network message.

Did any of you had this kinda issue?

10. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    BMorse ..what can I say ..you never ceases to amuse me :D

ed....
    Hey that's an i cute casing ...right? I too have the same thing, that casing is also the same as mine...
    hehehehe

11. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    is there an error number with that message?? It seems windows 7 has all sorts of networking issues and if you have the error number available it would help to narrow it down...

B. Morse

12. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    It is a RaidMax case.....

B. Morse

13. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    That case looks like my i-Cute. oh well...different names.

Nope. no number what so ever. only the message.

14. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    Have you tried to clear the CMOS and then restart the PC?? Is a boot from LAN enabled in the Bios? the Network Bios might have some info about logging onto a server, and this is what windows is complaining about....

B. Morse

15. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    beenthere..done that.. that was my very first observation.
    Disabled and enabled from Lan. boot from LAN ...without lan.....with lan.....
    I tried what bios has to offer and what bios does not offer....for once did you ever think I would stop at one bump....
    I am literally at an end .....

16. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    No, no, I did not figure you would stop at one bump, just trying to figure things out and see what you have already done.... I have not run into this issue at all with Windows 7, I have done many upgrades from Win2k to 7, WinXP to 7, Vista to 7, and also quite a few fresh installs of 7 on new and old systems.... have not run into any road blocks like this.... but it seems from googling, that you are not the first to have this issue, and no one has given a solution to fix this either....

B. Morse

17. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    My googling gave completely different thing......I have done what can be done by someone with common sense in these area.
    And I have done things that a common installation would not need....
    so what the heck is this issue....
    I have upgraded , installed fresh like you...like beenthere....done that and loosewire. I am becoming with this board and win7.
    Only this board...............
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

18. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    MajorGeeks.com specializes in computer problems. It is a VBulliten site very similar to this one. I highly recommend them.

19. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    OK thanks mate. I am checking them out

20. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    where can i get a plasma bowl. or how can I make one?