My tip!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
No Laughing..!! I mean it.

I was just soldering and that bloody thing fell off....
I was like Son Of a ....:eek:.

It was the tip that broke, I mean the whole thing is the tip. Unlike other irons, this one's tip is different.
The whole metal part u see is the tip, just pul it outnd put a nother one in...simple. ..One problem.........It's the only one I got for now..

Now I feel like both of my legs are gone..I got no way to solder.
Even to make a iron I need an iron :D....

Man.....**** Happens..

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Oh, didn't you read the owner's manual? The tops of those tips are soldered on using 50/50 tin/lead solder. So, you have to keep the temperature just right, if you want it to stay in one piece. :D

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
That's surprising for a Hakko station, they aren't cheap rip-offs...

I've never had that happen with a soldering iron but I've had the entire tip assembly come off the iron's heater, luckily it screwed back on (possibly not fitted properly at the factory.)

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I had an iron break altogether once.
I just sat and stared at my circuits for a good 20 minuets...

Do you have a desoldering iron that could be used as a soldering iron?
I did that once by removing the desoldering tip and wrapping a normal tip in pie-pan material so it fit.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Then I was a little kid. My mom warned me that if I played with it to much it could fell of. Maybe this is case here to:rolleyes:

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
350 is hot I know, But I think it is due to the crack that was there I had to use higher temps. It does not work at 300 or low.

And no, I do not have a Hakko near by dummy.

and yes, it is discontinued, but I can get use if I get the T12 series with a nipple.

I just cannot find any link or seller in the US like the site says.

Does any one have the store next to ur neighborhood or somethin.

I can send money via paypal if it is not too much to put one or two in an UPS envelope and drop it my way

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
I have called Sy, waiting for his reply. I will PM you as soon as I know the answers to provide. I am going to see if he will accept paypal so you can order your parts.

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
Talked with Sy Creed today concerning your unit. There is a slight problem, was a patient infringement with the 942 and Hakko discontinued making the unit, nothing for this unit is available in the USA. I know you said something about the price.

Sy said he would give 50 off a FX951 making the price 200.00. If you like this unit and can afford it all you have to do is call/email Hammond Electronics in Florida. They will honor this price.

I am getting ready to upgrade my equipment, I can also see what he will do in a package deal if you like.