My Q & Your A by Me

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Just for general info on how you know the human history and such.

Who is the greatest human being to walk on the face of the earth ?

State who u think is or was and a reasonable proof to back up. :cool:
No spam or crappy jokes (a little humor is ok) but serious discussion please, if you don't mind.
Flame wars is a no no but friendly argument is preferable.

Cheers

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
I doubt that the greatest person to ever walk on the face of the Earth has been born yet, or else they were born in an alternate timeline Earth.

I also think that the question is interesting because of what it will reveal about the person answering it and how wide their view of the world and history is.

But I would have to say that I don't know. Literally. I think the greatest man is likely to be relatively anonymous. You are talking about Great Men and I suspect the the greatest man of that type was a theory of mine of the first important king of a tribe almost definitely in Africa about 300 thousand years ago. At that time they might seem still like a pack of animals. I am talking about the transition from early Paleolithic to middle Paleolithic.

This is before we had evolved into Modern Man. In fact Neanderthal Man was not fully evolved yet. This is before the mitochondrial Eve and Y- chromosomal Adam.

But this king made us possible. Some time around this era we see evidence of things that are classified as behaviorally modern. I expect this King probably became a strong exponent of war on a large scale in an era where it had not been known before - probably as a result of overcrowding, and turned out he was very good at it.

He created the win win for our species that has worked until this century.

Every winner of a war made it more likely we would survive as a species for several reasons. As our own worst predator humans became a self limiting population which improved not just our survival but quality of life.

It also caused the development of culture. Culture is mostly about tribal identity and contributing to that culture is a way to gain prestige. Tribal Identity and Prestige are extremely important when tribes are trying to kill each other. Culture is also awfully cool.

But mostly this King was great because of who he was. He set the identity of the masculine Identity which is kick everybodies butts if they step out of line and eventually you will have all kinds of guys willing to do your buttkicking for you. Anybody you don't want to deal with, that you can't talk to that is in the way, they leave or they're dead.

The result of all this? He would have ended up with a huge harem of females collected from his enemies. He probably had several thousand children from these women. As a result we are all likely descended from him. In fact at 300ka we are likely talking at least 15000 generations ago. and that means that his contribution is likely 100% or more of our ancestry.

They say that only 90ka is when we had our last common male ancestor. More important than that is when we had this previous common ancestor because the original is better.

Because of how a man can build a harem and have a thousand children this is actually a fairly easy achievement for one tribal leader to seed the future.

What is more amazing is the last common female ancestor. She was far more amazing than the greatest man. At around 150ka she was a miracle. It could be that she was a favorite of a King and de facto ruler while the King was busy fighting and... making babies. It is likely that she had many daughters and these daughters would also find powerful mates that would spread out and wipe out all tribes around them. It seems likely to me that she had cultural prestige that passed to her daughters. Most likely she was a type of priestess in charge of many demanding tasks such as healing, education, rituals, and in control of resource management and crafts.

If you asked for greatest person to ever walk the earth it was likely her.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
@ John .
I did not understand or get you. Can you elaborate.

@ Potato.
Not a female but a male. "Greatest Man".
Can I assume that you really have no idea who he is ?
If so I am happy that you donno and I may be able to help you on that.
Second q, to u is that will you believe in your heart if I prove he is who ever he is. By proving it is up to you to think about it and come to terms with it. I cannot force you and I will not. I will tell you what you donno and what I believe in my heart.

bradstormer

Joined Aug 6, 2010
i would say Galileo Galilei.
his work was very instrumental in our modern view of the world around us. he's work directly influences the work of Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein.
also i admire him for standing up for his beliefs in a world run by a religion where any views different from their own were viewed as heresy.
but that is just my view. be interested to see other peoples opinions

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
i would say Galileo Galilei.
his work was very instrumental in our modern view of the world around us. he's work directly influences the work of Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein.
also i admire him for standing up for his beliefs in a world run by a religion where any views different from their own were viewed as heresy.
but that is just my view. be interested to see other peoples opinions
Hmm. He was great, but not the greatest.
Lets see more

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
This sounds like it has some religious overtones to it..... so from what R!ff@ has said, I would say JC was the greatest man to ever walk the earth, who could be grater than someone who would give his life for all of us??

B. Morse

bradstormer

Joined Aug 6, 2010
but was JC really a man or was he just a made up person credited with events both real and made up? and can the son of a God be really considered a man? would he not be a demi-God?.... pretty deep stuff!! ;)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Then it come to find a human it is not easy. But if the category is "Most Famous brawny great fighting cock, to walk on the face of the earth " (and still walking) I think I know who to nominate ;)

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Some are correct it is a religious man. Q is can back up ur claim logically.
What u believe is to u and to u alone. Completely respectable and a very good thing.
I like to see a some more replies for a couple of days

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This Question rose from what BMorse reply

Who actually is Jesus {PBUH}
Answer from ur point of view, what u believe in, not what u heard.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
This sounds like it has some religious overtones to it..... so from what R!ff@ has said, I would say JC was the greatest man to ever walk the earth, who could be grater than someone who would give his life for all of us??

B. Morse
Someone who gives their knowledge to us all.

We have soldiers who give there lives for us.

They are there on faith. Faith that there government has acquired the proper intelligence and they believe they are doing the right thing.

SgtWookie, for instance, was willing to do both. He shares his knowledge with us, and he was willing to give his life for us.

It is history. Learn it. We all learn from different books.

If someone takes the time to learn, you have to respect them.

Regardless of which book they have to learn from.

But forcing your knowledge on people is not respectable. Even if you think that others NEED what you have.

The greatest person in the world SHOULD change from person to person.

At some point, to some one, you should be the greatest person in the world.