my pc problem

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
How often does it do it? What new software or devices have you installed since this has been happening? What version Windows OS do you have (XP, Vista, 7, etc.)?

B. Morse

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
This is 90% a new device driver (some new hardware that was installed in it or swapped out of it)

check any recently installed software by deinstalling it if the problem goes away chances are it is the softwares new driver ....etc

If that doesn't help check to see if all the actual hardware is properly installed ...etc

If that doesn't do it then their maybe a corrupt dll or Operating system file if this is the case back up all files and reinstall the OS. Unless ofcourse you can locate the file or program that is doing it then you would one need to overlay that file with a good copy.
But finding the correct thing is like a needle in a hay stack...

Also google the error that may help remedy it ...etc maybe their is a patch or something for this error if it is common..

Good luck

peck68

Joined Nov 27, 2009
Looks like a small compatibility problem or installation error..

Obviously InCDPass.sys is the occurrence of your problem here - as you probably installed Nero or a CD burner lately have you not? (since i believe it is a process of Nero anyway, as i own it ;))

I think your pc may not be liking it - have a go at doing this (if you can log on ok)
Windows + R -> msconfig -> startup tab -> look for any nero or cd burner startup apps in there and untick them -> click apply and restart

See if that helps :) if it is the source of your problems i think you should go with another software, there are plenty of free ones out there that i always use, like free ISO burner and CD burner XP

Last edited:

Tahmid

Joined Jul 2, 2008
I've faced this problem a few times. I couldn't figure out how to solve the problem, so I reinstalled Windows. I think it's a compatibility issue.
If you have all your data backed up, you can reinstall Windows.

Zetrox2k

Joined Apr 8, 2010
BSOD's (Blue Screens Of Death) are usually in almost all cases caused by bad drivers or driver conflict.

In your case, your BSOD is caused by Nero, just to save you the trouble. I cant really tell if its due to a bad InCD driver, or if it's conflicting with another driver.

Try boot using Safe Mode (keep hitting F8 on startup) and uninstal nero completely. If uninstall causes errors, get the Nero removal tool from <snip>

Moderator's note: the link started a download with no user input. Poor manners not to elicit a yes/no decision.

Remember, easiest way to do this is to grab that tool using another computer. If one is unavailable you can always boot using the Safe Mode with Networking option. and grab it.

If all else fails, select to "Start the System Recovery Process". A good hint for this: you will see all the system restore points shown on a calendar-like format. Find a date that you know your system was working 100%, and select a restore point at least 2 weeks prior to the date that worked. You will not lose any data, however any programs or drivers you've installed will need to be re-installed. Install everything one at a time, ensuring each time you check your system is stable.

My advice would be to install a different version of Nero, as with every release, they fix many major driver compatibility issues, or, just dont install the InCD feature.

...as for some free alternatives? Google "Ashampoo Free" i think its version 6, it virtually has the same features as nero, plus more (including Blu-Ray support) excluding the video encoding toolkit.

Link to Ashampoo Free: http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free/3000-2646_4-10776287.html

Last edited by a moderator: