My new laptop! :D

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
You've got a keeper there, magnet :D

2nd generation, I think. I've tried a windows 8 trial and absolutely hated it. The user interface is completely destroyed, and it's nearly impossible to figure out what to do to navigate it. I really despised the layout, and I will stick with windows 7 as long as I possibly can!
Now go into computer settings and change it to "Best Preformance" It will then look like WIN 2000. But to get the real 10 second boot time you'll need a proper cleaned copy of win or even a streamlined copy.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Now go into computer settings and change it to "Best Preformance" It will then look like WIN 2000. But to get the real 10 second boot time you'll need a proper cleaned copy of win or even a streamlined copy.
I tried that, and hated it. I have it basically set to "best performance", except I have the "custom" box checked and kept the overall win7 look. Performance score is a 5.5, due to slow RAM. That's out of 7.9, in case any of you guys haven't used the performance analysis. Eventually I'll be upgrading to 64-bit, but I'm not sure if that'd really change anything.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
OK, I measured with a stopwatch, from touching the power button to being able to move the mouse in windows was 25 seconds (15 after it started loading windows) It's not worth it to me to put any more effort into getting another 10 seconds off the boot time.

the best performance thing didn't really do much for boot time, but I kinda like how it looks, so I think I'll keep it.
I got a 7.3 for my performance score, because of the graphics card (nvidia GTX 660 2gig)

(my HDD scored a 7.9, booyah :D)

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
OK, I measured with a stopwatch, from touching the power button to being able to move the mouse in windows was 25 seconds (15 after it started loading windows) It's not worth it to me to put any more effort into getting another 10 seconds off the boot time.

the best performance thing didn't really do much for boot time, but I kinda like how it looks, so I think I'll keep it.
I got a 7.3 for my performance score, because of the graphics card (nvidia GTX 660 2gig)

Consider yourself lucky!

rating.JPG

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Sexy as desktop!

My computer has:

Processor - 5.8
Memory (RAM) - 5.5
Graphics - 3.5
Gaming Graphics - 3.3
Primary hard disk - 5.7

Base is - 3.5

hey hey!!!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
:D:D:D

The design on the top-ish right is animated. Each ring spins in the opposite direction of the next. Just a nice touch that also operates as a clock. Everything is fully operational. Bottom left monitors RAM, CPU, D: drive, and C: drive usage. Bottom right monitors upload/download speeds, world time, weather, and has various other options. I like it :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009

Post link to benchmark site and I'll post my numbers for the same Asus laptop but entertainment series instead of gaming series. 555GT, 8GB of 1333. No SSD. So far the latest games are running between 100fps - 200fps on all ultra settings. Pretty amazing for a laptop.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
:D:D:D

The design on the top-ish right is animated. Each ring spins in the opposite direction of the next. Just a nice touch that also operates as a clock. Everything is fully operational. Bottom left monitors RAM, CPU, D: drive, and C: drive usage. Bottom right monitors upload/download speeds, world time, weather, and has various other options. I like it :)
EFFING SLICK!!
Is it a style or texture pack or something??
What is it???
I MUST HAVE!!!!!

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Post link to benchmark site and I'll post my numbers for the same Asus laptop but entertainment series instead of gaming series. 555GT, 8GB of 1333. No SSD. So far the latest games are running between 100fps - 200fps on all ultra settings. Pretty amazing for a laptop.
What benchmark site?
I don't really know any, never had a powerful computer before :p

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
EFFING SLICK!!
Is it a style or texture pack or something??
What is it???
I MUST HAVE!!!!!
Custom theme, icons, and rainmeter skins. Takes quite a bit to set it up, though. Took me a few days to get everything working together. Requires a lot of extra programs to work. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you some links. :D

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I believe that is probably pretty darn quiet because I have never heard a rat fart. :D

Cool laptop though.
Obviously you've never played hamster games in the sac before. Welcome to
FL. People jamming crap up their butts in quite normal in the hospital. Just ask any ER nurse. My Grandma and aunt were ER RN's and the stories we've heard from mice, hamsters, carronts, hotwheels, cordless phone, etc.... Said about every 2 weeks thay had someone. Amazing quite a few women too.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
oh damn I just laughed for about a whole half minute :D.
Lets see if I can rekindle it:

On the way out the door to work today, I had flatus gone wrong. Airbrushed a rorschach diagram in the back of my pants. Had to reset the "Days without incident" counter to 0; I had about 2765 days on it, what a shame. Last time was new years day 2005; I was in boot camp and I had pneumonia (et. al.), vomiting so violently that my sphincter decided to liberate it's captives. totally excusable. Today, not so excusable. I'm a little distressed about it actually. first time in my adult life (without good excuse).

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
oh damn I just laughed for about a whole half minute :D.
Lets see if I can rekindle it:

On the way out the door to work today, I had flatus gone wrong. Airbrushed a rorschach diagram in the back of my pants. Had to reset the "Days without incident" counter to 0; I had about 2765 days on it, what a shame. Last time was new years day 2005; I was in boot camp and I had pneumonia (et. al.), vomiting so violently that my sphincter decided to liberate it's captives. totally excusable. Today, not so excusable. I'm a little distressed about it actually. first time in my adult life (without good excuse).
Honestly, strantor, we did NOT need to know about that! :eek: