- Spare parts for computer repair
- Components... and lots of them
- Oscilloscope
- Multimeter
- Power suppl(ies) of some kind

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
this is on my wall.
most dont have a clue but things would not be as they are without his accomplishments.
not even AAC, not yet. or a wealthy Bill Gates
It took me a quite a long while to find this famous gentleman with a rather uncommon middle name. As you say, not having a clue, it was a process of elimination: not Thomson, not Fleming, not Langmuir...

Although his family name was known to me, I did not recognise the face, despite what I have been doing for a living. Well now I know. Thanks.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
It took me a quite a long while to find this famous gentleman with a rather uncommon middle name. As you say, not having a clue, it was a process of elimination: not Thomson, not Fleming, not Langmuir...

Although his family name was known to me, I did not recognise the face, despite what I have been doing for a living. Well now I know. Thanks.

There would be no rich individuals or corporations in the world of computing if not for this fellow.

When you think in hind-site what his contributions are and the results of them, it is phenominal how the leap from what was to what is is fantastic!
I did not think his middle name is that unusual. There is a city in Kansas with that name. Right on the banks of the Missouri River.

What Wiki has on him:
He is famous for having founded information theory with one landmark paper published in 1948. But he is also credited with founding both digital computer and digital circuit design theory in 1937, when, as a 21-year-old master's student at MIT, he wrote a thesis demonstrating that electrical application of Boolean algebra could construct and resolve any logical, numerical relationship. It has been claimed that this was the most important master's thesis of all time

Last edited:

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Tom66, im dissapointed in you....We are electronic wizzes...we dont buy extractors, we make em! ;)

I tested to see if my iron would work and it does =o
The power going to it is from an armoured cable that is quite long that is stepped down..i.e. it has 230v 40 amps or so comming from the house and its about 110m long! I though that too much power would be lost

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Tom, I'll take a copy of the 6502. I'll PM you an email address.
Don't worry, I've uploaded them to my webspace:

http://tgohome.com/mitchpics/

Download them but don't hotlink them.

These are gathered from the Internet, I did not make them myself. However, I think they have been taken down because web hosting of those sites expired. It took me a long time to find them and I've kept them on my HDD for about a year.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Those layouts are nothing short of beautiful artwork.

Makes you understand just how talented Jeri Ellsworth is.. She used a photo like that to "reverse engineer" a commodore 64 processor.

JUST A PHOTO OF THE DIE and her brain cells and she designed and built the first 30 in 1 controller/tv interfaced video game jammie. USING THE PHOTO OF THE ETCHED TRANSISTORS!!!

Looked like an Atari 2600 controller but had a computer inside and help 30 games.

She sold them on QVC or Home Shopping Network and made a boat load of money.

She also just made a backscatter/x-ray device out of a Satellite TV transceiver.

NOw thats some serious talent.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Those layouts are nothing short of beautiful artwork.

Makes you understand just how talented Jeri Ellsworth is.. She used a photo like that to "reverse engineer" a commodore 64 processor.

JUST A PHOTO OF THE DIE and her brain cells and she designed and built the first 30 in 1 controller/tv interfaced video game jammie. USING THE PHOTO OF THE ETCHED TRANSISTORS!!!

Looked like an Atari 2600 controller but had a computer inside and help 30 games.

She sold them on QVC or Home Shopping Network and made a boat load of money.

She also just made a backscatter/x-ray device out of a Satellite TV transceiver.

NOw thats some serious talent.
I love her videos on YouTube. All of the above, plus I am impressed too by the homebrew transistors she make herself.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have loved Jerri since I found out about her over 10 years ago. A pretty girl with brains! Wonder if she is still single (I think she is).

She is one of the few who have made a home made CMOSFET with very little equipment. Saw it on her website a while back.