My first project - Brake light

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinky

Joined Dec 18, 2010

Hi All,

First thing, hello I’m new to this forum and have picked this up as part of a recent hobby. I currently ride motor bikes and thought that this was a good place to start in making circuitry to improve my skills and the bike.

I’ve completed some elementary research and have so far designed my first circuit for a project that I’m eager to get underway.

I'm using Circuit Wizard to; design, test, print and catalogue components.

Scope
Design a circuit that can plug into a lighting array which is triggered by the brake light switch on a motor bike, the lights must flash at least 3 times rapidly then stay static until the brake is released.

Budget
£10-£15 for components.
All tools available

Risk
Me & anything electronic.
Current Issue
Lights are not receiving any power.

Current Design

Can someone please look over my circuit and let me know where I’m going wrong please, i want to go buying and making!

Happy holidays,
James

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
What you are doing wrong is that you have modified the configuration of the brake lamp from the manufacturer's configuration.

Please see the "Automotive Guidelines" thread in the General Electronics Discussion forum, here:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=40361

We no longer support discussions of this kind, as it is illegal on the North American continent to make modifications to automotive safety lighting, such as headlamp, tail lamp, brake lamps, and side markers/running lights.

slinky

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Thanks for your reply!

Sounds like I should have just said it was for my push bike or just a project to no purpose and by wrong I don't think just modifying it is where it is not working think I’ve got the design wrong ;)

Clearly your forum and rules, I'm from the UK so unaware of North American rules and would have never had thought being illegal to do so would have been banned to talk about.

Many thanks,

James

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As SgtWookie and jpanhalt already told you, we do not support changes to automotive or bikes lights.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.