My alerts are alarming me

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by ErnieM, Jun 5, 2015.

1. ErnieM

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Something has gone out askew on the alerts tab, the drop down box that drops down when I hover over my avatar.

If I right click – open in new window I get my page of alerts. If I click it directly I get a 404 (“The requested page could not be found.”)

Now in the old software I could get a pop up list of just the new alerts. Now I have to go to the page of all alerts and try to remember which I handled. If you could add that back in….

2. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I think I am able to open individual alerts from the pop-up menu. I'll check again.

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    A ctrl+click on the pop-up list of alarms opens them in a new tab. Of course, you have to refresh the page to update them as read.

4. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I would request this as well. Sometimes just after I logged in, I thought I saw a popup list of alerts flash in the upper right corner for just a second. But I can't figure out how to access it otherwise, and would much prefer it to having to open the page listing all my alerts.

alfacliff likes this.
  5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    This on blue forum. Double click Alerts.

6. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    Thanks, I know this was available in the old style, but it isn't in the new one. That's why ErnieM and I are requesting that it be added to the new style.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  8. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    @jrap: I think I found a bug with the alerts. As I mentioned, I haven't been seeing the alerts popup when I mouse over the Alerts link. I just noticed that if I zoom out (decrease text size) once, then it appears:
    alerts_popup.png
    but when I view the page using the default text size, then I no longer see the alerts popup. The Inbox popup exhibits the same behavior. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on a 1280x1024 monitor.

I would really appreciate if you could fix this so I can see the popups using the default text size. Thank you.

Georacer and jrap like this.
  9. jrap

Administrator

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks @tjohnson . I'm able to replicate this error - we will do our best to debug this ASAP.

tjohnson likes this.