my 555 circuit board timer

brozizds

Joined Aug 15, 2010
I have been working on this project http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=281440&postcount=27
for some time with Bill Marsden's great layouts with very good results on my protoboards but now applying them to a circuit board not so . I tried using a circuit writer conductive pen but it seems like I'm losing voltage the further away I am from my 9V power supply. Is this common? Should I try etching( which I've never done:confused:) or just hard wire this project? remember I am a newbie! HELP

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I found this in the project collection.
Over there only completed projects (with the complete documentation) should be posted.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspect you are hand drawing this, correct?

Show us your layout, scan it in as a file, then attach it. We'll look at it and help find the problem.

Being a really lazy grunt, I've been known to built them surface mount style, so I don't have to drill holes. My personal favorite style is to breadboard them on a perf board, similar to the style found here.

Project: High Power LED Flasher

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The "conductive pen" traces will have a pretty high resistance compared to a piece of wire or a normal etched circuit board trace.

You might consider the "dead bug" technique; you epoxy your components leads-up on a copper clad board, and use the copper board surface as a ground plane as well as a heat sink.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
I tend to classify that "conductive ink" right along with "liquid solder" and "liquid steel" - it's glue with powdered metal in it