Mux to DC volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I did notice, the schematics. If they are copies of one from that era they must have taken ages to draw!! no computers or ORCAD, so were they originally all hand drawn by men in glasses huddle over a drawing board? Now that is skill, bends my mind thinking about the work that would have had to go into the pcb layout! no auto shove or ground fills!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Nothing amazing about that. I was one of the young men and women (without glasses) huddled over the drawing board drawing circuit diagrams by hand with a Leroy set and laying out PCB boards with black tape.

Nothing amazing about that. I was one of the young men and women (without glasses) huddled over the drawing board drawing circuit diagrams by hand with a Leroy set and laying out PCB boards with black tape.

I am going to to disagree! find me someone under 30 that could do that now ;). Time, skill, and practice.
So many illusion shattered on here in the last few days, Dexter with his 60's auto pilot, when I had in my head back then rubber bands and a stick of wood for auto pilot!!! you are ruining my world!!! no more revelations please :D. I assumed they would all have glasses from squinting at paper

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
How does Q2 work? it's collector is grounded and the base has -13 volts

What kind of transistor switch is this? it's like a comparator

The resistance on the base is the negative threshold voltage?

Young people get spoiled by modern technology.
Ever had to look up sines, tangents and logs on tables or use a slide rule?
At home I have my grandads big drawing frame and parallel thingys, he was an Architect and I have all his old drawing tools from when he was an apprentice.
Dad says when he was at School they did Technical drawing as a lesson, Mr Chips I understand how it seem's we are spoiled, but the truth is we are not even offered the chance to try out slide rules etc. It's no good giving someone a table or rule without instruction in it's use. I am not having a go but pointing out, rather than it being spoiled we are being denied the chance of knowledge outside of a computer.
I would love to know how to use the huge drawing frame and tools, yes I play with them but it's only playing, it took my Grandad 5 years of training to learn how to work with them.

I mean it all in a nice way
LG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.