Music Exchange

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
What sort of music do you guys/galls like, if any?

I like the classics from the 60s/70s; The Beatles, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, through to the guitar based music of the late 80s and 90s; The Stone Roses, Oasis, etc. I also love most favours of Jazz and Blues.

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I'm all over the map. Mostly blues, but always the Stones. Just admire the Beatles' White Album. Early Pink Floyd - "Careful with that Axe, Eugene" - and good old R n' R. Jerry Lee Lewis is a hoot, same for Warren Zevon.

All over in jazz, too. Lots of Diana Krall and Stacey Kent. Hard to beat the old stukk from New Orleans, or the revival stuff from Leon Redbone. Like the guitar work by John Fahey and Leo Kottke. Anything by Duke Ellington or John Coltrane.

But I never get far away from the classical stuff. Russians like Rimsky-Korsakof and Shostakovich, all the Germans in the romantic period - all of Beethoven's piano works. Just about all central European chamber music. There's really too much there to cover - 600 years worth.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm all over the map. Mostly blues, but always the Stones. Just admire the Beatles' White Album. Early Pink Floyd - "Careful with that Axe, Eugene" - and good old R n' R. Jerry Lee Lewis is a hoot, same for Warren Zevon.
I love Pink Floyd but, even with my love for classic guitar bands, I just can't get into the Stones.

All over in jazz, too. Lots of Diana Krall and Stacey Kent. Hard to beat the old stukk from New Orleans, or the revival stuff from Leon Redbone. Like the guitar work by John Fahey and Leo Kottke. Anything by Duke Ellington or John Coltrane.
We share similar jazz tastes. I listen to a lot of minor stuff on SomaFM (free Internet radio) from the States which we wouldn't normally get over here.

But I never get far away from the classical stuff. Russians like Rimsky-Korsakof and Shostakovich, all the Germans in the romantic period - all of Beethoven's piano works. Just about all central European chamber music. There's really too much there to cover - 600 years worth.
I might be alone here, but I listen to classical music when I'm reading - perhaps a strange belief its allows me to absorb more information. One of the most listened to radio stations in the UK is ClassicFM, dedicated to all things Classical Music.

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I like the classics like Tchaikovsky, Beethoven (have all the symphonies), Bach (and other baroque music), Haendel and others. Also like quality contemporany music and singers like John Williams, Tina Turner, Shirley Bassey, and others.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
:eek:

Any in particular?

Dave
one hit wonders:D

i think that wud be "that thing you do"

I m more of a 90's fan...
most of the artists i like are from the contemporary era viz; Michale Jackson(the man is a genuine entertainer despite controversies), Savage garden(darren hayes),etc..from last few years i have been listening to Japanese music(jpop, jrock)..from those 'yousei teikoku' is one band i like.