Muscle relaxant circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by missfangula, Oct 16, 2010.

1. missfangula

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Hello,

For my final project in a college introductory circuits class, I am supposed to build something that produces a "wow" factor. I am interested in building a muscle stimulant, and already found some circuit schematics online that I could use. I am now wondering if anyone has any creative suggestions for something to add to this muscle stimulant idea that would make it more "wow."

Thanks!
    :)

-miss fangula

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Well, Miss Fangula, perhaps in the SPIRIT of the season, you could attach your device to a corpse and activate it for the trick-or-treaters. Talk about WOW!

3. missfangula

Sep 14, 2010
    wow, that sure is creative! can you provide a nice test subject? the project is due in december, so halloween-related ideas are not really valid anymore.

thanks, and keep the ideas rolling!

-miss fangula

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Ah, I don't think corpses are readily available and electrical stimulus won't work on the ones you might find. I think it was a joke.

You could make a digital penile tumescence meter. That might wow the mostly male (?) audience. At least, they would be stunned into silence when you asked for volunteers to obtain comparative data.

John

5. missfangula

Sep 14, 2010
    hahahaah you're so funny...not. I meant SERIOUS ideas, not locker room jokes.

6. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    That was not a locker room joke -- no more so than breast cancer is. Penile tumescence is quite a serious subject. If you bother to search on it, you will find William Furlow, MD, who pioneered research and medical treatment in that area when he was at Mayo.

You wanted something with wow factor in what I guessed was a mostly male audience. There is nothing like putting men in their place. Show them that it is science, even though they may act as if it is where their brains are.

John

Edit: In all seriousness, sex is what makes life worth living. Without it, we are not even good recycling machines. If you go into medicine, you will be surprised at how quickly the erotic aspect of sex is lost and/or controlled.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Just be sure it's not your final project, period. Electrical stimulation anywhere on the human body entails some risk, especially if you're not really sure what you're doing and/or your circuit misbehaves. I know the concept is in use in some commercial products, presumably approved by the relevant consumer safety organizations.

8. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    A sort of "Muscle Relaxant" electrical device already exists. One such device is called a C.E.S. It is short for Cranial Electrostimulation. Small electrical current passing through the earlobes at "scientifically" descovered frequencies are said to instil calm and even improve health!!??

Maybe design a addon to a TENS unit that connects to led goggle and produces wild patterns based on the existing TENS frequencies and a designer programmed algorythm.... That and a little funk and your in WOW territory!

* Disclaimer... Do not under any circumstances open your eyes to view the LED's as they can case dammage to them. Such goggles are meant to be used with your eyes shut only!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010