Multisim Stop Light Design Project

Agumon286

Joined May 8, 2014
For my final project in my Electronics class, we're supposed to design a stoplight that uses a 3-Bit d flip-flop counter. I used three separate LED's for the logic.

It can can be any color on 0 and 7, but 1-2 should be green, 3-4 yellow, and 5-6 red. Green can only use NOR gates, yellow can use AND/OR/NOT, and red can only use NAND's. I've missed two days and am running out of time. My teacher is out for some silly reason and I'm having a world of trouble and everyone else won't help me or cheated. We rushed the unit and I just barely understand how the counter works. I've k-mapped this logic at least eight times in my notebook and it refuses to work properly in the software. I assume it's something so simple I'm just missing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the (probably) horrendous logic. I will try to reply with any additional info if it's needed as soon as I can. Thanks in advance.

Edit: The yellow logic was just me making sure that my direct logic worked. It didn't.

Attachments

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Why don't you post your state table so we don't have to try to reconstruct all the work you've already done?

We need to know what you did before we can say whether what you did is right - otherwise, it's like saying I built this engine, but it doesn't work, here's a picture of the engine. We need the design to validate.

Agumon286

Joined May 8, 2014
Why don't you post your state table so we don't have to try to reconstruct all the work you've already done?

We need to know what you did before we can say whether what you did is right - otherwise, it's like saying I built this engine, but it doesn't work, here's a picture of the engine. We need the design to validate.
Apologies, I hope this will help:

EDIT: You probably want what happens too, didn't really think that all the way through. Let me get that.

Attachments