multisim, s0239 or bnc socket, antenna analyzer, track width and rf pcb

ninjaman

Joined May 18, 2013
hello
I am putting together a circuit on multisim to put onto ultiboard. I have the circuit but I cant find the socket in multisim. there are connectors with sockets but none that say bnc or so239. I was thinking about putting in any socket first, then adjusting the foot print in ultiboard.
also, I have rf frequencies on the pcb and im not to sure what to do about track width. my lecturer mentioned using a ground plane and separating the control circuit from the measuring circuit.

any help would be great, just a hint or point in the right direction. i don't mind reading

thanks

simon

donpetru

Joined Nov 14, 2008
Show a picture of what you want to accomplish. In the first post above you try to explain a few things in a few words, but it is not enough.
For example, you say can not find a PCB footprint for s0239 or BNC socket, but these PCB footprints can be customized easily in Ultiboard. You don't know how to do that or ...?

ninjaman

Joined May 18, 2013
I have some ultiboard knowledge, very little. I will give it a try once I have the circuit complete. I have to add a arduino pro mini and ad9850 module to the circuit. then I can go to ultiboard.
so im guessing any old socket would work? it would just require two connections, one to the inner core and one for a braid.
I will have to read about the trace width and RF frequencies.

thanks
simon