Multisim problem? or Have I made a mistake?

bytraper

Joined Sep 28, 2010
Hi Guys.

Ive built a circuit in multisim which is supposed to give a 1v-p-p triangle waveform output, but instead I get nothing. In real life, the circuit works fine, but in multisim its dead.

Can anyone see where I've made the error?

bytraper

Joined Sep 28, 2010
Thanks Sarge,
I can't believe it was so simple... I was about to throw the whole digital simulation idea in the bin!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I guarantee that you are not the first to be "bitten" by this, nor will you be the last!

it's really too bad that they couldn't differentiate Mega from milli by case, but that would be inconsistent with everything else.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Joe,
What simulator are you using?
LTSpice, PSPICE Student, Tina-TI and Circuitmaker need MEG spelled out; "M" or "m" means milli.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
He's right, I can use MEG or a capital M.

Is there a way to simulate current load?
Do you mean a constant current load? One that increases it's impedance when voltage increases? What exactly would that be good for?

Or do you mean a constant output power? So when voltage increases, current decreases?

bytraper

Joined Sep 28, 2010
Um, I'm trying to design a current limiter with a 0.003 ohm resistor.

But I need to be able to increase the load on the simulated mosfet to increase the resistance so I can work out the correct resistor combinations for the inverting op-amp.

does that make sense?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Tina and Tina-TI uses standard prefixes. I have Tina Educational ... where I can introduce "problems" for troubleshooting.

I use from f to T or scientific notation ... 1e-15 shows up as 1f and 1e12 shows up as 1T on the resistor I had in a schematic. Outside of those ranges it will show the scientific notation ... 1e-18 for example.

On edit ... added page from Tina's quick start user guide

Attachments

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I don't have Multisim; but in LTSpice you can place a current symbol, give it a value of current to sink or source, and check a box to indicate that it is a load. Checking the load box causes the current source to stop sinking or sourcing current when the voltage across it is near zero.