Multisim help

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by user123456, Feb 12, 2014.

1. user123456

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Sorry i'm really new to multisim, trying to figure out how to build this circuit.

I'm looking for a charge resistor, is that a normal resistor or is that something different, i'm not sure, thank you.

2. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    The term "charge" refers to the function of the resistor in the circuit, not some special type of resistor.

Can you explain what the circuit should do?

3. user123456

Jan 26, 2014
    I can give you a best explanation if possible. Mayb the oscilloscope senses amount of voltage and current and produces some sort of an output. Switch turns on and off and current passes through the it to the oscilloscope. This is my best guess, hope that helps.

Inductor stores the current according to Google, i'm not sure what that function is where its printed 1mV/mA

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. user123456

Jan 26, 2014
    I understand now, could you tell me how can i change the function of the resistor so its charged?

5. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    The circuit is for simulating what happens when an inductor is selectively charged via 50 Ohms then discharged via 20 Ohms. A current probe around the wire leading to the inductor senses the current through the wire/inductor and provides an output of 1mV for each mA of current. This output is monitored on the 'scope. The charge or discharge function is selected with the switch.
    There is nothing special about the resistors (but in a real circuit they would have to handle high currents).