Multisim design

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by poeli, Mar 9, 2011.

1. poeli

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to designing with multisim. We are students aeronautical engineering and have to make a project: control an aircraft instrument with a normal pc and a PCB.

Now we have a PCB that we think that works. Our promotor wants us to design the pcb inside multisim.
    I've managed to design the basics: resistors, capacitators and ect. But we also use a DG403 analog switch, and I don't know how to add it in multilab. I've searched to create it myself, but I don't really understand well how to do it (it's difficult for someone with no expierence with multilab)

Furthermore, our output is an arinc 429 connector (2x17 pins) Is it good that I just took one of the connectors from multilab? I took the HDR2x17 one... the same goes for the input, but there it's 2x8 pins.
    Another question I have, the voltage we use is +5V, and with a dc-dc converter (tracopower tma0505d) to convert it to -5V, but here again, I don't seem to find any dc-dc converter in multisim.

The main issue that we have is the dc-dc converter and the dg403 analog switches. If anyone can give tips or can help I'd be very grateful. We've read through the manual but we need a spice file for the dg403, which I can't find on the internet or manufacterer website...
    Greetings all & thank you very much
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011