Multisim design

poeli

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to designing with multisim. We are students aeronautical engineering and have to make a project: control an aircraft instrument with a normal pc and a PCB.

Now we have a PCB that we think that works. Our promotor wants us to design the pcb inside multisim.
I've managed to design the basics: resistors, capacitators and ect. But we also use a DG403 analog switch, and I don't know how to add it in multilab. I've searched to create it myself, but I don't really understand well how to do it (it's difficult for someone with no expierence with multilab)

Furthermore, our output is an arinc 429 connector (2x17 pins) Is it good that I just took one of the connectors from multilab? I took the HDR2x17 one... the same goes for the input, but there it's 2x8 pins.
Another question I have, the voltage we use is +5V, and with a dc-dc converter (tracopower tma0505d) to convert it to -5V, but here again, I don't seem to find any dc-dc converter in multisim.

The main issue that we have is the dc-dc converter and the dg403 analog switches. If anyone can give tips or can help I'd be very grateful. We've read through the manual but we need a spice file for the dg403, which I can't find on the internet or manufacterer website...
Greetings all & thank you very much

Last edited: