Multiplexing analog signals into Labview

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The problem with using Labview is the large PROPRIETARY stamp on everything it does. You need hardware that has a Labview driver to work with Labview. A standard Windows driver just will not cut it unless you have a way of putting a standard driver into a VI.

Are you just demultiplexing them (actually multiplexing) or are you making some reading too? Do you have any hardware or are you starting fresh?

solidworked

Joined May 16, 2014
I am starting fresh, all I have are my sensors and some ICs which better stabilize the output voltage. All I need is that voltage value. How would I get that back out from the multiplexer you linked rony?

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I need to essentially do what this guy asked 5 years ago. He got no response then but maybe things have change since!

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=28031

I have at least 20 sensors that I want to try and reduce into as few outputs as possible and then have them demultiplexed at the PC by a labview program. ANy recommendations on what to buy and how to accomplish this?. Thanks
It will come down to what interfaces are available on your PC. Parallel ports are gone, and rs232 ports are as good as gone. Analog on sound in could be captured, but universally, your probably looking at USB, or potentially a bus extension card. Try googling data acquisition, and you'll find lots of cost effective devices.

In going the USB route, labview offers native test and measurement class, as well as several custom approaches.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
And what may these "sensors" be? Is the output digital, analog, semaphore flags, smoke signals, or what?

Do you need traceable calibration?
How accurate does the measurement need be?
How often?
How cheap a tool?

Last edited: