multiplexer

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by kiuhnmgtrdcv, Dec 19, 2009.

1. kiuhnmgtrdcv

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 19, 2009
    hello everyone
    iam very new into digital logic
    i have a question
    please look at the below picture
    d.JPG
    i think a lot but i couldn't find out How I0 and I1 calculate through Karnaugh Map?
    when I calculate with Karnaugh Map the answer doesn't match with given answer I0 and I1 ? :confused: d2.JPG

2. zeelangah

Dec 17, 2009
    if u want to solve it using k-map then u should consider POS form for mapping bc no. of Zero's is less than no. of one's so u can easily find the solution

3. kiuhnmgtrdcv

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 19, 2009
    thx for the reply
    I also use POS form but when i compare I0 and I1 with this image
    d4.JPG
    i can't figure out anything
    I0 and I1 should be
    I0=b xor c
    I1=b' + c'
    but according to the karnough map
    X=(A+B+C)(B'+C')
    --------------------
    Where is my mistake?:rolleyes:

4. Ratch

Mar 20, 2007
    kiuhnmgtrdcv,

How come you don't capitalize the word at the beginning of a sentence, but do capitalize other words within the sentence even when they shouldn't be? Anyway, attachment 14559 looks correct to me. I can't understand attachment 14560. What does the vertical line before a variable mean? How about using notatiion like (A'+B)C so that everyone can understand it.

So, referencing attachment 14599, when A is zero, only I0 is fed into outout F. So looking at the top row of the K-map where A is always 0, we see only minterms 1 and 2. Those two minterms represent a exclusive OR which I see attached to I0. So far so good. Now when A is 1, only I1 is fed into output F. So, looking at the bottom row of the K-map where A is always 1, we see minterms 4,5,6. Those three minterms represent B'+C', which I see attached to I1. So what is your question?

Ratch