Multiple Stage Amp Project - easy

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by rmaoun, Jun 13, 2016.

1. rmaoun

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Hello!

So I'm fairly new at electronics and I have this project I have to do. I suspect it is quite easy, compared to other projects I saw around here. I need as much help as someone can give me, at least a way to start it, because I tried a few times and nothing. I do know how to solve a few circuits (specially with BJT, less with MOS) but have never projected one.

The project should be as follows:

The input signal is Vin = 1mV, with a resistance of 600Ω
    The load resistance (RL) is 1KΩ
    Vcc is 10V

3 stages:

1) MOS amplifier with a gain between 10 and 20. I am supposed to use the 2N7000 (Vgs(th) = 2.1V). The input impedance should be one that allows at least 90% of the input signal to be delivered to the first stage;

2) BJT amplifier with gain between 10 and 20. Supposed to use 2N3904. I also have to choose the type of polarization and justify my choice. The current dissipation on the transistor should not exceed 5mA;

3) BJT voltage buffer. Using the 2N3904 and the current dissipation on the transistor must not exceed 1mA.

*The coupling between each stage must be done with capacitors (assuming a frequency of 1kHz and maximum reactance of 0,35 Ω

See the circuit attached.

The curves for both transistors were also given (ID x VDS and IC x VCE)

Thank you so much!
    Any help is appreciated.

2. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Welcome to AAC!

Is this homework?

3. rmaoun

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Thank you!
    Yes it is :)

4. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    AAC members are expected to not do homework for students. Instead, students are expected to show their best efforts and members will guide them to a solution.

5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    MOD NOTE: Moved from Projects to Homework Help.

6. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    What does a typical common source/common emitter amplifier look like?
    If you post them, it might give us some ideas which direction your instructor intended for you to take.