Multiple battery powered devices to one AC source?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by idaholarua, Jan 28, 2009.

1. idaholarua

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I am working on finalizing a circuit bent sculpture I've done for my undergrad thesis. I have three circuit bent items, each with it's own battery source within the sculpture. Here is my dilemma: normally I plug in the batteries when I show it to someone, then promptly take them out, but for my gallery show, the sculpture will be turned on for an extended period of time each day, in my absence. What I would like to do is connect all circuits to one battery source or AC power. After that I can add a switch so that the gallery attendant can turn in on/off as needed. I am looking for any tips on how to do this. As of now, one runs on a 4-AA pack, one on a 2-AA pack, and the last on a 9-volt. I have an old laptop power adaptor that has an output of 18.5 volts that I can mess with if that will help. I have a video of the piece functioning if anyone is interested.
    Thanks for your help (in advance).
  2. bertus

Apr 5, 2008

How much current can the 18 Volts adapter deliver ?
    How much current do you need for the 3 Volts ( 2 AA ), 6 Volts ( 4 AA ) and 9 Volts ?

3. flat5

Nov 13, 2008
    or use three cheap adapters and plug them into one AC power strip that has a switch.