Multiple applience controller with data acquisition

gehan_s

Joined Sep 17, 2012
Hi all,

I need to do a project for my final year in electronic engineering. I have narrowed things down (I think) to the above topic.

The idea is to make a device that takes inputs from sensors (eg - thermo couples, motor speed sensors) and control the particular appliance. It will also log the data (set value, actual value, faults etc) with time.

This is a very rough idea. Please help me to get things in order and any reference material would also be very helpful.

Is this something that the industry needs ?
What are other appliances that I can control ?
How can I improve this idea ?

Please help me in this regard.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You are the engineer. Please take control of YOUR project. Set up a clear topic and defined specifications. Then start designing to meet specifications.

As far as your questions regarding the marketing of the product (market need, product improvement), it really depends on what you finally define as your project. You will be best served by contacting someone selling into the markets you plan to serve (or buying products you plan to make). Most people are helpful, make some phone calls to local businesses and introduce yourself.

Again, you are about to be an engineer, take charge and own your project!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Look at the LabJack U3. I can't tell from your description how it would differ from such a commercial product. I mean, I'm not sure you want to reinvent the wheel.