Multiple AC input with various voltages

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by zogorean, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zogorean

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Hello all.

I have this crazy project where I want to run a Bedini window motor off a capacitor only. Chasing the impossible, I know.

I have a big 1 farad 12v capacitor and a Bedini window motor that's running at a nice speed.

My problem is that I have 2 different coils that I want to use for input (for starters). Both coils have different gauges, different number of windings and they both output different voltages (one outputs 11v and the other 3v).

Can I feed the outputs of these 2 coils into my 1 farad 12v cap somehow? I've read somewhere that I should use parallel rectifiers with smoothing caps.

And another thing. Am I chasing the impossible dream here? I mean would it event work if I had 100 coils for feedback?

Any help is kindly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Yes, if you expect it to run without consuming energy. And, such things (attempting to overcome the first law of thermodynamics) are not allowed for discussion here.

3. zogorean

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Hi Wayneh.

Sorry, I did not know that. I will not ask regarding overunity again.

But could I feed the coils into the capacitor using bridge recitiers in parallel with smoothing caps? How large should they be for 12v?

Or does anyone have a better idea? Maybe batteries?

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.