Multibillion dollar invention!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by thatoneguy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. thatoneguy

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    For those aspiring here, society needs a microwave!

Not just your standard everyday microwave, but one of a new type. One that cools things just as quickly as current microwaves heat anything containing water.

I know that thermodynamics says systems can only create entropy, we need to find a way around that. I want to be able to put a 12 pack of warm beer in my "coolwave" (in glass bottles with corks), punch in 1:04 minutes:seconds, and enjoy a cold brew!

Solve this and I'll give you a hint on faster than light travel.

(yeah, bar closed, most posts past 3:00 am CST may be sorta 'loosewire')

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Now that the hard part is done...

BTW, liquor stores used to have ultrasonic refrigerated baths. They are supposed to increase the rate of cooling. Haven't seen one in awhile, though.

John

3. thatoneguy

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Those just ensured that the ice or coldest water was in continual contact with the beverage containers. Lower frequencies would have worked better, but would have created unpleasant spraying upon decapping said containers.

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Yep, maybe I should have added a smiley. The concept of Loosewire and thermodynamics all in the same sentence gave me an overload.

John

5. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Hee hee

how about liquid nitrogen dip....wouldn't it cool your beer in a second.
    I gave you a concept now gimme my light speed vehicle..& be quick about it.

6. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Why not try this:

[​IMG]

7. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I said speed not meal

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    They solved it through chemical cooling in cans. Never took off because it would cost too much. But the way it worked it you shook it, or flipped it, or did something to activate two chemicals in a chamber surrounding the beer. It then in turn cooled the beer too 38f in like 1 minute.

9. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    I had a diabetic girlfriend in high-school who asked me to build her a "cooler-wave" for her insulin. I dont remember the importance of chilling it quickly.. If it was a comfort with injecting thing, or just a storage thing.

I couldn't imagine a cold thick liquid being more comfortable to inject into a muscle.

Who knows.

@nerdegutta:

Beer pops?

10. VoodooMojo

Nov 28, 2009
    oh yeah,
    frozen Corsendonk Custard is a staple at the voodoomojo household during the holidays!
    I prefer it with Chimay however

11. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
  12. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    That would probably be for storage, or to activate a chemical reaction. They have to do something like that with antivenom and warm it up slowly by hand before injecting it. Not sure if it comes as a gel you dilute or powder. Before you inject anything it needs to be liquid and at least a certain temp. I would imagine room temp would be fine because of IV's.

13. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    A few friends of mine has diabetic type II and they inject themselves with insulin. It looks like a pencil, and they twist to set the doze and inject in the skin near the belly button.

I don't think you can feel warm or cold liquid there. At least not as little as they inject.