Multi-Quote

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CDRIVE, Apr 17, 2011.

1. CDRIVE

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jul 1, 2008
    For the life of me I still haven't figured out to use our Multi-Quote feature. Does anyone know how to use it or an AAC link that explains it?

2. tom66

May 9, 2009
    Press the "+" quote buttons on all posts you want to quote, then press the quote button on any other post. Viola.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Neat, I hadn't noticed that + button next to the quote. I've been doing it the hard way all this time.

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    And how about the "Quote message in reply" tickbox in the Quick Reply field? Sometimes it works, sometimes it's greyed out.

5. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    I wondered what that did...

6. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    Well I'll be....! ;) I thought the Multi-Quote enabled the replier to break up a single post, where multiple questions were asked or statements were made and the replier wanted to answer or reply to each question or statement separated by the OP's quotes. Guess not but this is useful too! Thanks bunches!

Chris

Me too! I feel a major duh moment coming on. :rolleyes:

I dunno. :confused: Maybe Tom knows.

7. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    Since the multi-quote doesn't quite do what I hoped it did, as described in my last post, I will be writing a Text Editor program to do just that... painlessly! I'm really weary of copying and pasting multiple open and close tags when multi-quoting multiple questions in a single post. I envision a program where I can just mouse over what I want to quote, right click and select "Quote" from the drop down list...done! If the post has multiple member quotes they will be automatically added the drop down list.

Chris

Edit: When I'm finished writing it I'll make it available to any member who wants it.

8. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    I personally don't find it that hard to just type [ QUOTE ] or [ /QUOTE ] (sans spaces)
    But if it becomes easier I'll have no trouble using your code :D

9. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    Check out the link..
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=352397&postcount=56

Way to often I find myself posting one of these. Actually more of my posts look like this one than not. My wife says it's because I like to hear myself. Whatever the reasons, anything that makes my computing time more efficient I'm receptive to.

Here's another example:
    http://www.tina.com/English/tina/start.php?page=techsup&id=Tina

I had to fill this bloody thing out every time I had a question. That ended about a year ago when I got fed up and wrote a small exe. It navigates to that page and fills in all that data automatically. This leaves me with nothing to do but ask my question in the text box at the bottom and click Submit. Guess what? I ask a lot more questions and make endless suggestions now. Like I'm a pen pal! :D There's just something about single click submissions that makes them so much more palatable. ;)

10. tom66

May 9, 2009
    Try the button next to the "+" button, that's for quick reply. Then tick "Quote message in reply."

vBulletin is an example of a poor user interface as people cannot use it without guessing or referring to the manual...

I used Quick Reply for this.

11. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Nice! Thanks Tom!