Multi output timer

needmog

Joined Oct 27, 2011
Here is one for you experts.
I'm looking at doing a 24VDC project that has one 24V source but requires 5 separate outputs. The first output would start at a pre-determined time of day. Each output would have a duration of approx. 1 min. (Should be adjustable). There would be a couple of hours interval (also adjustable) between the first output and the second output and so on. This cycle would repeat on a daily basis.
The outputs would be energizing individual relays that in turn would be switching power on and off to 24VDC motor (1.2A)
I'm assuming that there is no such timer readily available and that this would have to be built by assembling 5 individual timers on a board.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ve haf vays of dealing mit dis.
1) Decide whether you need an accurate 24 hour clock or might use the sun for a reset device.
2) Make a 1 hour timer that drives a simple counting chip.
3) Allow the first 5 outputs of the counting chip to enable a 1 minute timer that drives one motor.

Gotcha started?

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Consider using a Smart Relay. These are easy-to-program controllers that, typically, contain a real-time clock, several timers and as many relay outputs as you require; perfect for you application.

There are usually a few on ebay and they're relatively inexpensive..... also available in 24V versions.

needmog

Joined Oct 27, 2011
Consider using a Smart Relay. These are easy-to-program controllers that, typically, contain a real-time clock, several timers and as many relay outputs as you require; perfect for you application.

There are usually a few on ebay and they're relatively inexpensive..... also available in 24V versions.
I think that might be the answer. I will pursue this further. Thank you very much.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There are a number of ways to do this.
If you can live with time intervals of 24h/10 then you can use a 4017 Johnson counter driving individual 555 monostable circuits.
If you wish, you can cascade two 4017 counters to give twenty 72-minute intervals. Use jumpers to select the desired internal for each output.