MS Excel Data Tracking

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Anthony Quah, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Anthony Quah

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 1, 2007
    As we know MS Excel is use for many type of application. etc Flash game.. I encounter in my working environment that some Engineer are using MS Excel as data tracking for output and module down time. Any of software expert can advice me how to check what kind of programming language they are using to enable MS Excel to use as data tracking.. ? like any display or function in the MS Excel itself can show me their programming language etc.?

Thanks

2. DumboFixer

Feb 10, 2009
    If it's all being done from within Excel then I'd guess at it being done in VBA (visual Basic for Applications).

In Excel, on the menu bar select "Tools" then "Visual Basic Editor" and you should probably see the code they are using.

3. Anthony Quah

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 1, 2007
    hmm..I manage to see the code ..is the word "password" on the picture attached mean that the user lock the program code from viewing by others?

4. DumboFixer

Feb 10, 2009
    If you can actually see the code then I don't think it is protected by a password. I just tried with a password protected sheet and I cannot see the code (or its properties).

I'm not sure what your attachment is showing as I cannot see the object it refers to (though I suspect it is a spreadsheet).