MPLAB X failure to compile

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I am trying (again) to use MPLAB X (2.26), and am groping in the dark. I have created a new project and am attempting to compile the code (PicBasicPro) which has successfully compiled on another computer, but now gives me the failure message below. I am sure I am making a stupid mistake, but I can't decipher the error message. Your expert advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Some info here and here from the Microchip forum. Kind of a catch-all error, I think. It can happen if files are corrupted, missing (due to a compile error? File paths to find header files?) etc.

Sometimes making a new project on the new PC helps.

Good luck.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Some info here and here from the Microchip forum. Kind of a catch-all error, I think. It can happen if files are corrupted, missing (due to a compile error? File paths to find header files?) etc.

Sometimes making a new project on the new PC helps.

Good luck.
Thanks. It finally worked, but I don't know exactly what resolved the issues. I tried so many combinations and permutations that I lost track of what finally fixed it. MPLAB X and I are not on the same wavelength.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
It finally worked, but I don't know exactly what resolved the issues. I tried so many combinations and permutations that I lost track of what finally fixed it. MPLAB X and I are not on the same wavelength.
You, my friend, have lots of company there. Glad it worked!