MPLAB simulator

jimtr6

Joined Jun 16, 2010
I am making some headway in writing simple programs, testing goto and decfsz, bit tests etc, just basic getting familiar with trying to write code. Using MPLAB I can set a bit high, low etc and test it and see if it works as it should, no problem there, I can simulate a high on a input in stimulus and I'm ok, my question is this, is there a place on MPLAB where I can set a bit on PORTA (a bit designated to be output) and see in the simulator somewhere the condition of that bit, like if it actually went high after the program set it, like an LED or something, I searched help and can't find anything, my device is a 16F84, thanks...jim

p.s. on the template...... w_temp EQU 0x0C (is 0x0C a hex address, is this a decimal 12)

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
If you go to View, Special Function registers it will show the ports there. If it doesn't show binary, you right click the grey bar and add it to the view.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Perhaps the OP want to lock at the watch function. You can use it to trace changes for selected items in the file register(RAM).

jimtr6

Joined Jun 16, 2010
Thanks Mark, that was exactly what I was looking for, it was in hex which was fine but to see the port toggle in binary makes it a bit easier