mplab 8 beginning

simeonz

Joined Jan 26, 2013
Hello all

I have started microprocessor this summer, I try arm, now I try microchip.

I wish to try to copy the tutorial from this website and begin programming my pic24fj32gb002.

I wish to program it in c, using free programs mplab8 and c30.

I am using pickit3, I have wired it up correctly, I can connect to it, 10 k pullup is there etc...all working.

I simply cannot have a source file that displays correctly where it is supposed to, I try following this simple guide... as you can see, his source files simple appears ready to write in it.

http://www.technoburst.net/2011/05/pic-programming-in-c-with-mplab-ide.html

Perhaps the directory must be somewhere special ??

Can somebody tell how exactly to make leds flash using pic24fj32gb002 with all free mplab tools, or better yet simply an already written led flash that I can just program to my target immediatly.

thx you

Attachments

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
You need to add the source files yourself... right-click the folder and select "Add existing file"(or something along those lines) and add the files....

You may want to try starting off with a 16 or 18 series PIC, they do not have quite so many quirks associated with them...

simeonz

Joined Jan 26, 2013
thx

I already bought 2 of these from digikey, it cost me 20$.

and these have a multiply and divide hardware.

simeonz

Joined Jan 26, 2013
You need to add the source files yourself... right-click the folder and select "Add existing file"(or something along those lines) and add the files....

You may want to try starting off with a 16 or 18 series PIC, they do not have quite so many quirks associated with them...
how do I add the files ??

There is no add existing files, how to create file with .c extension ??

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Go to your compiler's installation directory, and look for the ".h" folder. That will contain your header files. In your project window (the one with the folders labeled "Source Files", "Header Files", "Object Files", etc) right-click on the "header files" folder, click "add files", and add all the necessary header files for your particular project.

Start a new C file by going to file-->new and save it as a .c extension. Then you need to add that .c file to your "source files" folder using the same method as adding the header files.

Matt

simeonz

Joined Jan 26, 2013
thx you all, progress comes so slowly I am in debt, have any questions I can give advice about other things, thx guys.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
There's no debt at AAC. We're all here to help out. Feel free to browse the forums though and see if you find any questions you know the answers to. :)

Regards,
Matt

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I suck @ finding answers fast.

I work out the solution slowwwwlyy.
...and there's nothing wrong with that. Having the tenacity to finish the problem is what separates the engineers from the business majors. Speed comes with experience and exposure, take your time and understand why you do something a certain way.