mp3 player

a.mlw.walker

Joined Aug 8, 2008
Hi,

I have been trying to build an mp3 player for about 3 months or so now. I had it working on a breadboard and it worked!

I have now tried to transfer it to strip board, and I just cant find my error.

I have replaced my mp3 decoder chip, once, blew an sd card, now replaced that, and now i think its the power supply.
has anyone got any suggestions because i;m about to smash it!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'll state the obvious. You had it working and when you made the strip board you wired something incorrectly.

Without a schematic, and the tests you've already performed, there will be little the members can do to assist you.

If you can get a picture of your strip board, that too might help. That picture should show enough detail so it can be correlated with your schematic diagram.

a.mlw.walker

Joined Aug 8, 2008
OK. Below is a pictur of the strip board, and the schematic is attached.

the only differences are: on the strip board, instead of building the circuitry for the mp3 decoder chip, i bought a breakout board with it on, so i didnt have to do any wiring there. it also means that the power supply on the strip board has only the "vcc" on the schematic. i have left out all of the vdd etc power supplies becuase that is all sorted by the mp3 brteakout board.

you'll see when you look at the pictures.

the button doesnt do anything. and the loose wire is to make the sound sterero. my 3.5mm jack only supports mono.

the photos and schematic are here:
http://www.ksd-design.co.uk/photos/photos.html

thanks

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Why build? There are a bunch you can buy for under $10.00. I just bought 3, 512 meg, with FM radio, voice recorder, LCD for $7.89 each.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Those pics are nice, but I suspect you will find the problem on the underside of the strip board ... a solder bridge that shouldn't exist or similiar.

Did you test the breakout board on your breadboard? If you didn't, you really can't say it "worked."