MP3(GPD2856C)+AMP(TDA7297)+Speaker(10W 4Ohms) Module

ihansw

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hello guys,

I am a newbie to this, and trying to build a simple mp3 player module using GPC2856C(mp3 decoder), TDA7297(audio amp), and 10W 4Ohms speaker. As you can see in the pictures, I simply purchased two modules and put them together.

picture1.jpg picture2.jpg (Attached)

1. I took out built-in amp from the MP3 decoder board, and connected the audio signals (+ and -) into the input and ground of the AMP board.

2. Connected the speaker to the AMP board.

Result: Everything works fine. I can hear a clear and loud sound of music that is read from the SD card thanks to TDA7297.

Problem: TDA7297 chip gets really hot. I can probably keep it going for a few minutes with the power control knob in the middle state (there is a knob I can spin to control how much power will be used which results in volume change). But it gets so hot that after a minute that I can't touch the heatsink with my fingers. I know that amp usually gets warm in performance, but I am not sure it's supposed to get this hot. Please leave comments if I did anything wrong here! Also, the amp module was spending about 600mA, is this too high?

Thanks!

* the pdf is not exactly the right one but it's very close to the mp3 board (GPD2856C) and I was able to sort of understand how the board works

Attachments