moving sensor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by gatoulisss, Mar 5, 2015.

1. gatoulisss

Thread Starter Member

Jan 23, 2015
    hello guys,
    what is the best sensor to monitor a movement? for example if something moves then a buzzer sounds if it stops then silent.
    i was thinking a tilt sensor like SW-520D but under specific situations then it doesnt work.
    is an accelerometer sensor good for this work?

thanks a lot!

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Not enough information. For instance, I use a Heathkit motion sensor to turn on my front porch light. A tilt sensor or an accelerometer wouldn't work at all.

3. gatoulisss

Thread Starter Member

Jan 23, 2015
    i want to use it like a tracker for example if what i track moves whatever position then a buzzer will sound, if it stops then the buzzer stop
    the titl sensor has the problem that if the board is upside down it doesnt work or generaly in some positions.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    So it's a board. Does it get in a car and move or just wobble across a table top?

Dragging answers out of you is tedious.

5. gatoulisss

Thread Starter Member

Jan 23, 2015
    i want to track a pet animal movement a cat or a dog or a rabbit for example

6. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    You want to track it or just know when it moves?

And when you say "moves" do you mean to a different geographical location or are you just talking about any kind of movement?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  7. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Is this sensor attached to this animal?
    Is the buzzer/circuit also attached to this animal?
    if not where is the buzzer? how far away? aka wireless communication with sensor,etc...

8. gatoulisss

Thread Starter Member

Jan 23, 2015
    both are on the animal attached so when it moves i can hear where its going. the vibration sensor was a solution but because in some angles it isnt working i want something more accurate

9. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    So you want something like this
    [​IMG]

10. gatoulisss

Thread Starter Member

Jan 23, 2015
    yes but electronic one

11. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    So you really need some kind of accelerometer and there are a number of ways you can make something suitable for your requirements e.g. suspend a magnet in close proximity to a coil or use a piezo disc fixed at one end and with some mass attached to the other. Both of these methods will produce short pulses when subject to rapid movement which will require amplification/conditioning to produce a longer pulse with enough current to drive a sounder of some kind.

12. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    I feel sorry for the animal. It moves: a buzzer sounds. The sound alarms the animal, so it starts running. The buzzer sounds repeatedly. The poor animal is now traumatised :(.

mcgyvr likes this.