Moving Head [selfmade]

UltimateProjects

Joined Aug 12, 2015
After more then 9 months I finally finished my Project.
Maybe you have time and pleasure to watch the "Project-Video" :
I don't want to make advertising , just show my work.
If you have any questions or criticism just tell me. Thanks

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Very impressive. Part of the requirements of posting completed projects to the projects forum is to provide schematics, code, parts lists, etc. Do you plan on doing that? If this is not an open-source project, then the Projects forum is probably not the place for it.

That being said I am not a moderator here, so it's ultimately up to them.

Matt

UltimateProjects

Joined Aug 12, 2015
Very impressive. Part of the requirements of posting completed projects to the projects forum is to provide schematics, code, parts lists, etc. Do you plan on doing that? If this is not an open-source project, then the Projects forum is probably not the place for it.

That being said I am not a moderator here, so it's ultimately up to them.

Matt
If i get requests i'll also post some details, pics and also circuits, but thanks for the information

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I would be very interested in seeing what makes this thing tick. I have a friend/coworker who does DJing on the side. He built a few of these, though I haven't seen them in person.

It looks very neat and streamlined though, I love it!

UltimateProjects

Joined Aug 12, 2015
I would be very interested in seeing what makes this thing tick. I have a friend/coworker who does DJing on the side. He built a few of these, though I haven't seen them in person.

It looks very neat and streamlined though, I love it!
Do you want to see some photos or other stuff ?
Thank you :)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm just curious about what you did to build this particular project. Schematics, board designs, code (if you're using a uC). You said there's a mode that allows it to respond to sound. I'm curious to see how you achieved that.

An in-depth article explaining the project, the design process, the build, design notes, and so on that covers the above would be great.

Matt

UltimateProjects

Joined Aug 12, 2015
I'm inexperienced in programming so i decided to use 3 µC, one for the display schematic, on for the stepper and one for the LEDs.
I've made the circuit boards by my own, here the results: (photos)
With 3 buttons you can choose different modes (also the light to sound mode) , you can change the LED luminosity and the motor speed.
The Display-µC sends the signals to the LED-board and to the motor-board. I used the Atmega8 as microcontroller.
I have designed the layout of the circuit-boards with eagle. There are 4 boards : Display, Stepper-, LED- and Music-board.
A friend of mine has done the housing.
For the Sound-responding function if used a mic and then coverted the analog signal to a digital pulse.
I can share the schematic if you want.
For now i post some photos of the circuitboards and housing.

Attachments