Movies that make you smile?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I managed to see the movie in IMAX 3D with my daughter in an almost empty (maybe 10 people) Downtown Portland theater Thursday.
Lucky you. In my case, after 20 minutes of watching ads and trailers of movies I'm never going to see, and about 30 seconds before the movie finally got started, a couple of moms arrived with a troop of more than 30 ten-year-old brats that were not even remotely interested in watching the movie. And that kept yelling and talking and playing with their phones to no end...
Good thing, is I'm also a father and know what it's like to be around too many kids, and know how to tune out annoying noises at will.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Lucky you. In my case, after 20 minutes of watching ads and trailers of movies I'm never going to see, and about 30 seconds before the movie finally got started, a couple of moms arrived with a troop of more than 30 ten-year-old brats that were not even remotely interested in watching the movie. And that kept yelling and talking and playing with their phones to no end...
Good thing, is I'm also a father and know what it's like to be around too many kids, and know how to tune out annoying noises at will.
I guess I should thank the protesters for that but it was a shame that people decided to stay home. I took a picture just before the ads/trailers started and it was that way when the movie started.

The CGI in this movie was mind blowing in 3D. The movie seemed much too short or maybe I was just lost in time.

The cape fight sequences with Cumberbatch were great.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'm debating on seeing Rogue 1 this afternoon, but since seeing the CGI in post #83 I might want to watch Dr, Strange. Might still be in the dollar theater by now.

kv

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Ever catch a faux-pas in some movie scenes?
SWMBO was watching 'Being Julia', a movie based on a book by Somerset Maugham and takes place in U.K. in the '30's.
At one point the leading lady asks for a beer and she is handed one by her husband who unscrews the bottle cap.
AFAIK, the beer bottle screw cap only came in to use in the '60's, particularly in UK.
The other odd thing is Jeffery Rush played a role in the movie, and I saw nowhere in the credits where he was listed as a member of the cast, also his list of movies do not show this movie??
Max..

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
An interesting movie that made me smile on Amazon Prime...
"The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared"
and,
"Lars and the Real Girl"

Both real weird, funny and makes ya think about people.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
My wife and I watched "The Lobster" over the weekend. One completely over the wall bizarre story indeed.

We both thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
My wife and I watched "The Lobster" over the weekend. One completely over the wall bizarre story indeed.

We both thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it.
I couldn't think of the the other two movies - but thanks,
I also liked "the lobster" - my kids hated it but they probably would have liked it if they recommended it.

The last movie I liked was "Learning to Drive". Very slow but surprisingly, very good.

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
Just watched a couple of Danny Kaye films: Up In Arms and Wonder Man. I still think The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty is one of the best comedies I have ever seen.