Movie list.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I wait till the movies hit the cheap theaters. Frankly they are out of my budget. My TV has been defunct for a while, and I don't seem to be able to get the energy to fix it.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Recent is a matter of perspective; if they are just out on RedBox, that's recent enough for me.

Enough Said (very good)
Monuments Men (pretty good)

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
Harry Brown is a very gritty film with Michael Caine. Best he's ever been.
Idiocracy is always a fave in this house - its coming....

Etre et Avoir is beautiful film.

If you haven't seen Man Bites Dog (C'est arrive Pres de chez vous) you should.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Decent movies watched recently.
Philomena.
The Book Thief
The Railway Man.
Max.
holly macaroni Max... :D

thank you for the list

just watched "the book tief' and looked up the other two. very good, although depressing and i am ... not too comfortable with getting emotional. ;)

my kind of movies ... include pain and suffering but... in a different way:
fish called wanda
young frankenstein
true lies
zoolander...

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
thank you for the list

Two are true stories, the author of Philomena just wrote an article disclosing other facts that he uncovered about the Catholic Nunnery featured in the film and the treatment of the girls that had babies out of wedlock.
Worth a read.
Max.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
True story ,girls were fixed.....because the do-gooders were in charge of there

teenage life. Not your story ,another place....years ago. With court permission.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
While admitting it might not be "everyone's cup of tea", Frank Miller's Sin City is an original piece of cinema. It faithfully reproduces the crime film noir of the graphic novels. Through selectively colorized black and white video contrasted against realistically filmed scenes, interspersed with graphic scene interpretations it successfully accomplishes the transfer of the graphic novel to film. As I noted, it's not for every body; it is extremely violent and graphic. Many characters are depicted contrary to reality. Murderer protecting clergy and armies of prostitutes for example.