Mounting RCA Connectors

JDR04

Joined May 5, 2011
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice as to the best way for me to mount the RCA connectors and a potentiometer in my project. (I have attached photographs of it)

In my opinion the way I have done it does not appear to be very neat or professional at all!!!

The inside of the enclosure is about 24mm so I'm very limited to the height dimension. I have also attached a datasheet of the enclosure I have used.

Any suggestions or examples will be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Form vs function

- If you were to put sleeves over the wire it would make it look better.

- Doing a better soldering job would help with the looks also.

- Make all the bends in the wires the same. The eye like repetition.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A common error for beginning solderers is to use too much solder. You want just enough to freely flow and wet the joint but no more, and without globs.

Here's an example of one good and two not so good joints.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice as to the best way for me to mount the RCA connectors and a potentiometer in my project. (I have attached photographs of it)

In my opinion the way I have done it does not appear to be very neat or professional at all!!!

The inside of the enclosure is about 24mm so I'm very limited to the height dimension. I have also attached a datasheet of the enclosure I have used.

Any suggestions or examples will be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

The second pic doesn't look too bad.

I wouldn't have put the toggle switch in between the RCA jacks......;)

Just a thought, you may consider another, larger, box; where you have room to mount your pot in another location.....

JDR04

Joined May 5, 2011
Thanks crutschow, now that I look at it again, its a mess. Will take on board your points. Thanks a lot...

JDR04

Joined May 5, 2011
Thanks Mr.Chips, good idea, saves messing about with heatshrink etc. Thanks for that.

Can you think of any alternative ideas fo9r the pot or is the way I have done it acceptable?

Thanks to everyone...