Mounting a 7inch monitor with feed from camera.. screen is faulty

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Venom_Fang, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom_Fang

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Ho guys.

Firstly I want to say I have nearly no real knowledge of microelectronics so this is my way of gaining some more and also completing a project.

I have a Pro line DVDP271W 7inch screen attached to a camea via 1x yellow RCA cable which was working fine until a week ago when the screen started flicking on and of lf randomly. I've cracked it open to find the processor on the mobo to have warped and the pins as are erroded. Its scrap now in a way. My idea is that I can bypass the processor completely as I only need power to go to the screen and backlight and also to connect the visuals from the camera. The screen runs on ribbon cable and the backlight on a 2pin so the backlight is easy. The screen is 12v as is my power supply. I basically want to solder the wiring direct to the board which has various labeled points Can anyone help me decifer the points on the board and tell me where to attach the cables. I have pos and neg power and also the 2 from the now stripped RCA cable. I cannot upload images until I get to a computer so here is a list of points on the board that seem to correspond with the ribbon cable:

GND
    GND2
    VR
    VREF
    VG
    VB
    VDD_LCD
    VEE_LCD
    CLK1
    STH1
    STH2
    R/L
    STV1
    STV2
    VGL
    VGH
    VCOM
    TX
    RX
    VCC
    CPV
    OEV1
    OEH
    MOD

where should i attach the power pos/neg and the 2 cables that are the feed from the camera?

thanks again

2. Venom_Fang

Jun 4, 2014
    backlight done and working but i cant proceed with the screen itself as i dont want to blow it up :p

3. Venom_Fang

Jun 4, 2014
    sorry for the bad pics;

here is the ribbon that powers the screen and also transfers the image, the 2core is the power for the led backlight which i have tested with my power supply and works a treat
    [​IMG]

here is the underside of the board, these points all seem to correspond with the ribbon cable and this is where i plan to solder the power and camera feeds
    [​IMG]

here is an overall shot of the setup as it should be
    [​IMG]

4. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    Better flooding your processor and any other contaminated components in good alcohol for a while and brush/blow all possible corrosion away, as the video camera 'yellow' composite conection is uncapable of driving a LCD display by itself.
    That is the job of the processor on board.
    ( a tootbrush is helpful)
    Dry the cleaned board in front of a fan a few hours and try.

5. Venom_Fang

Jun 4, 2014
    the processor is warped, the connections are not just corroded they are mis-shaped and some are no longer connected. its scrap bow. i do jot have the capability of reconnecting it. from my understanding the processor runs the on board GUI, speakers, IR sensor ect. the lcd itself has a seperate board for its connections and im also under the impression that i can reuse the lcd and led backlight i just need the knowledge of how to connect it

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.