Mount molex male connector to PCB?

patrick99e99

Joined Aug 19, 2013
Hi,

I have a 0.93 molex right angle 9-pin male connector that I want to add to a board. I am adding this to a solid PCB, so I have drilled 9 holes for it, but I am wondering what is the best way to mount it?

Ideally I would like some generic annular rings that I could superglue to the board surface, and then I could just solder the pins to that--- However, with a google search, I have not been able to find any such product for sale.

It feels gross to me to super glue the holes and stick the pins through, and then solder wires directly to the pins. I would much rather have this look "professional" as it would with annular rings. Although I recognize my "professional" dream went out the window right when my drilled holes were no longer in a straight line!!! Haha.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to properly do this?

Attachments

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
If you adding this connector to a ready made board, the wires to the pins is about the only way. It would be different if you were etching your own board. Then you would just add it as a component in the layout. No way that I know of to just stick copper traces to a board, and you would still need to connect to the rest of the circuit some how.

patrick99e99

Joined Aug 19, 2013
Well, I am not trying to add "traces".. I just wanted a ring I could glue to the surface and then solder the pins to that so that its securely mounted...

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
That will get you hole-repair crimped eyelets for PCBs. That said, I would go with the glue route as well but probably use epoxy, J-B Weld preferably. I've been there lots of times. We are not building pyramids. 'Professional' costs $$$ and involves terms like PCB Rev 3.1