Motorcycle tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy123

Joined Nov 16, 2011
I have four lights on the rear of my bike,Two red lights that are brake and running lights ,and two amber signal lights.I would like to have one set of lights to run the brake ,running and signals.
Is it possible to use the existing wires and install a dual filament bulb?
I would appreciate your suggestions

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'll advise against making such changes, as it will throw off the balance in your electrical system; such as the flash rate for turn signals, etc. - also, if you increase the number of filaments for brake lamps, you will risk overheating the plastic lens, which would damage it/them.

Besides that, we have a Terms of Service that restricts certain topics; and one of the big ones is "automotive modifications", as stated in this quoted excerpt:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
If you feel that you really must do this against my advice, then you will need to seek help elsewhere; as such discussions are not permitted here.

There is a topic in the Electronic Resources forum that has links to several other websites that may entertain discussion of your project:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

In the meantime, feel free to look around and participate here; as long as the discussions are civil and are in compliance with the ToS, it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.