Motorcycle LEDs w/Relay

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by jgby, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgby

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Hello all,

I'm trying to make 2 UV LEDs per series.
    I have a 12V battery and I have a few COM-08662 from sparkfun.

I want to set them up so that the when power from battery is allowed via switch to the relay, the LEDs can then be powered at the flip of a switch. Basically no power if the the intial switch from the battery is off and still have an on/off switch after the relay is on.

I did a bit of research and found that the best way to do it would probably be:

-12V battery to switch to Relay with a fuse on the positive between the two.
    -Relay output to switch that powers 4 LED series with a resistor for each. (each series has two UV LED)

Main thing is I don't know which resistors or relay to use and I'm not to sure about the wiring of it all. (which component should be connected to which where and which have to go to ground.) :rolleyes:

Any suggestions/help is appreciated!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
  3. jgby

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Actually I realized that after posting original thread.

So I decided to scrap the content and post the current. I just can't seem to change the thread name :(

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
  5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    We don't want you to just change the content/name of your project. We actually deny servicing requests that involve automotive modifications.

This thread will be closed for violating the TOS. You may find help in one of the sites #12 has linked to. Just scroll down a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.