motor nameplate abbreviation GEI (1058) what does GEI mean

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by scriverman, Mar 28, 2011.

1. scriverman

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Looking at a textbook they give a picture of a motor nameplate. I think I understand most all the fields except GEI (1058) and Code (blank).

They don't list the motor manufacturer.
    The rest is typical: voltage, current, Frequency, Phase, HP, service factor, duty cycle, Frame size, Insulation rating, Serial Number, Date etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Does GEI mean General Engineering Information ????? As in reference a technical plublication 1058 for more information about specific motor specs and is a manufacturing specfic field.

Is Code also a manufacturing specific field? Or for government contract specs ????

2. scriverman

Jan 25, 2011
    This is the figure in the text book what does GEI abbreviation mean?

3. subtech

Nov 21, 2006
    I'm not absolutely certain in your case, but General Electric often will use GEI, GEK, or similar prefixes when referring to instructional literature. i.e. GEI-1058
    Perhaps a search on the GE Industrial website for GEI 1058 would yield a document for your motor.

4. scriverman

Jan 25, 2011
    That was a guess of mine too. After your post I went and looked a little while on GE's website. Its a massive website and I did not find anything but could have missed it. I did get to a page that helps to find some of their publications but no luck with GEI-1058.

I am guessing it was an old stock photo and way out of production motor nameplate. Thus not a current internet sourced pdf literature publication???

5. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
  6. scriverman

Jan 25, 2011
    Got it. Thank you (ya'll implied).