Motor driver nte15006

coboda

Joined Feb 19, 2014
I just started a new project today I took the motor out of a 18v drill and i wanna use it to open and close my cabinet doors. i have a nte15006 motor driver I want to build a circuit controlled by one push button. push it once the motor will turn 1/4 rev clockwise press it again the motor will turn 1/4 rev counter clockwise. I'm stumped on how to make this work help is appreciated.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The NTE15006 is just a bridge driver, bi directional control of a DC motor, you would need some way of detecting the actual open/closed position.
On its own it it open loop.
Max.

coboda

Joined Feb 19, 2014
I should be able to go mostly mechanical with the design the speed of the motor is dependent on how far the trigger is pressed in so i need to replicate that distance on my momentary switch. as far as stopping the the motor I can install a lever that breaks the circut at the 1/4 rev mark, but i have another obstacle the motor break isn't strong enough to keep the cabinet doors from free falling which is good in a way cause they free fall at a slow speed and i dont need to install circuitry to reverse the direction of the motor and close the cabinet doors ,but i do need to figure out a latch system that will catch when going up and de-latch to let them fall. I'm probably gonna have to go to a rocker switch or 2 switches though.