Motor control problem in line follower robot.. Please help

sunatraye

Joined Apr 12, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am making a line follower robot for my varsity project show. But the problem is every time the motor starts voltage from power supply drops significantly.
I think this happens because of motor noise. but i cant control it. what should i do? Should i use capacitors? If so what value should i use?

I must mention, i am using Pic18452 micro controller and L293d motor driver for my two motors.

Please help me. I am near my deadline.

sunatraye

Joined Apr 12, 2012
Thank you for your reply Bertus. But i am using only two 12 volt dc motor. I knew L293d can run this type of small motors. If not what else should I use?

JBSPINZ

Joined Apr 12, 2012
what type of filter are being used in the power supply ?

Hello everyone,
I am making a line follower robot for my varsity project show. But the problem is every time the motor starts voltage from power supply drops significantly.
I think this happens because of motor noise. but i cant control it. what should i do? Should i use capacitors? If so what value should i use?

I must mention, i am using Pic18452 micro controller and L293d motor driver for my two motors.

Please help me. I am near my deadline.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What is powering the MCU?
What is the input voltage of the 7812?
Are there capacitors mounted on the input and output of the 7812?
You should use a 0.33 μF at the input and 0.1 μF at the output of the 7812, to avoid oscillating of the 7812.

Bertus

sunatraye

Joined Apr 12, 2012
Hello,

What is powering the MCU?
What is the input voltage of the 7812?
Are there capacitors mounted on the input and output of the 7812?
You should use a 0.33 μF at the input and 0.1 μF at the output of the 7812, to avoid oscillating of the 7812.

Bertus
At first I used a 24v adapter. 7805 and 7812 was connected in parallel for MCU and motor respectively. After having problem i tried separate 12v batteries but that didnt work too.

marufuddin0

Joined Feb 24, 2016
Though the problem was posted a long time ago, the problem was occurred same to me. I have solved this problem using gear. It will reduce rpm but increase torque. So, at loaded condition it may move too.