Mot transformer question

mustashi113

Joined Dec 22, 2008
I'm very careful with the Mot transformer but i have a few more questions about them this project I'm working on is a hydrogen generator

if i put 12 dc to the mot what would be on the other end of the mot

I was thinking to go 12v ac thru a pulse generator (DC Speed Control) which would give me 12 volts dc at 400HZ to the hydrogen generator what would the outcome be I'm not that great on electronics

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'm very careful with the Mot transformer but i have a few more questions about them this project I'm working on is a hydrogen generator

if i put 12 dc to the mot what would be on the other end of the mot
Your output would be 0v, and your input winding would get extremely hot. Transformers don't work with DC, they require AC.

I was thinking to go 12v ac thru a pulse generator (DC Speed Control) which would give me 12 volts dc at 400HZ to the hydrogen generator what would the outcome be I'm not that great on electronics
The MOT was designed to run from 50/60 Hz AC power at a specific voltage. If you try to run it at 400Hz, it will be very inefficient.

Electrolysis is the "brute force" method of producing hydrogen and oxygen from water. It typically occurs at low voltage. Trying to increase the voltage will require an enormous increase in current.