Most Embarrasing Thing Done At Work.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The musician / secret agent combo was a bit much. Judging from your previous posts that border on they psychotic and the fact that many people thought you were Jaygatsby (I am still convinced you are, with your childish post against #12 as evidence), that total combination puts your credibility in question on this forum.
Thing I'm most worried about: this forum has a very good reputation both electronically and scientifically. This guy and his minions have a couple of times mentioned their psueudo science site and topics. Will this lead to more of this? We don't allow over unity, so why the anti-gravity flying saucer stuff?

And I agree with you spinnaker, this is the same guy. Just compare the writing style.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
And I agree with you spinnaker, this is the same guy. Just compare the writing style.
If I were him, reading things like this would really stroke my ego; I would rub my hands together and say "Look how much I get under their skin. Look how hard they try to solve the puzzles I create for them. ROFL I'm so awesome. <snip>"

Last edited by a moderator:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Oh darn. I thought you were going to slip that one past the moderators. Glad I got the LOL before it was snipped.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Now you are going to make some overworked guy in Greece look up English words?
You can be so mean some days:D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Now you are going to make some overworked guy in Greece look up English words?
You can be so mean some days:D
You know "onomatopoeia" is a Greek word, right? An exact pronunciation, actually. At least as close as it can be pronounced in English.

:coolglasses:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Can we have a new forum feature? Maybe a "ban this user" button?

So if enough members who have been here for years (and have thousands of posts) click the button the irritating troublemaker newbie is instantly banned?

Kind of like when there's a new punk in a bar and he hasn't done anything bad enough for official security to throw him out, but the regular members get together and beat him up a bit and throw the idiot out when the security guy is looking the other way? ;)

Hey it works well in real life! :D

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I've often thought suggesting just that. However, I've hesitates because a few people can just decide they don't like someone and agree to all press the button. Then we lose, not only obnoxious members, but those who for whatever reason, isn't in one of the little cliques.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Yes, there is no reason to encourage herd mentality and gang attack on one individual. This is a democratic process and we can each choose to disengage on our own accord.
Once a person crosses the line the mods will take care of it.

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
@SplitInfinity,

Lately you have camped in the Offtopic and had some fun and that's fine by me. You make the place lively and people start building thick skin, which is good in my opinion.

Soft jabs have been exchanged about your and others' properties and abilities and as you see, I have no intention to muffle every converstation I don't participate in.
However, you are not allowed to make comments on other people's preferences on politics, religion and sexual activities. Some of these subjects are de facto taboo in most societies, others are too woven in someones character to take lightly and some are both.

All future posts on those topics will be moderated.
Thank's for the advice Geo.

I will endevour to be nice.

Split Infinity

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
So today I got into trouble for foul language. I was cursing, but I thought it was under my breath. Boss said he could hear me from his cube (pretty embarassing) After he finished chewing my arse, I showed him the results of my hardware tests validating my design. He asked why I would be cursing if I'm having success. I simply explained that I curse when I'm happy :)