Most Embarrasing Thing Done At Work.

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
I was talking with a few band mates and we were all talking about the stupidest and most embarrasing thing any of us had done on stage.

Since most people don't work on a stage I made this topics title to include what that would be at work.

I was opening for Heart back in the 80's and my band mates and I were very excited...especially about meeting Ann and Nancy Wilson for the first time as this blunder happened at the first show we did with them.

Ann and Nancy tend to stay at a Hotel next to a venue and only come out 15 minutes before curtain time. They do this because of all the idiots out there as far as guy's...AND girl's who are either members of the bands playing, crew, fans with back stage passes...or the dreaded...YIKES!...POLITICIANS...who use their status to go anywhere in what they ALWAYS proclaim as THEIR ARENA...just so they can shmooze with Musicians and that night I was told the men wearing suits were the cities Mayor and his aids. So Ann and Nancy knew what they were doing.

Our crew set up our personal equipment and effects in front of Hearts stuff and between us was a black curtain. Shows of this size...any bands playing share the same P.A....but Lighting costs are split accordingly and the headliner uses the entire lighting show.

As I was on stage for our sound check...as I was waiting...I noticed a crew guy attaching a Stuffed Unicorn onto one of Hearts drummers cymbal stands. I asked the guy..."Hey...what's with the unicorn?" He laughed a bit and said..."Damn drummer alway's want's it here when he play's. Guy is a freakin' Ass#@^%!"

Like a complete idiot I said..."Yeah...what an Ass#@&$!" The guy said back to me..."Wait till you meet him...when you finish your set...come down from your dressing room and watch how that pansy plays drums!"

Like an IDIOT again I said..."He must SUCK...huh?" Guy said..."Oh ya...come see."

I played my set went to clean up and came back down to the side of the stage...there was Ann and Nancy and the guy I was talking to playing the drums...Laughing his ASS off...and giving me the finger!

Oh man.

Split Infinity

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
I forgot to tell you...just to add insult to injury...I found out after the show the stuffed unicorn was the drummers daughters toy that she gave him as he promised to take it to every show to remind him of her as she was sick and in and out of the hospital.

Split Infinity

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Most embarrassing moment? I was at a new place where people didn't know me and I told them I was a multimillionaire Rock Star in between gigs as a HIGHLY CLASSIFIED agent for the CIA and several other alphabet agencies, and nobody believed me.

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
Most embarrassing moment? I was at a new place where people didn't know me and I told them I was a multimillionaire Rock Star in between gigs as a HIGHLY CLASSIFIED agent for the CIA and several other alphabet agencies, and nobody believed me.
LOL! This is really eating at you isn't it?

Take my advice and just...breath.

Split Infinity

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Good one! :D

The problem of course with pretending in public, is that the laws of statistics dictate that at least a few observers will be of *substantially* higher intellect than the pretender.

The pretender might be of slightly higher intellect than the other college students he hangs out with, giving him the confidence to troll new forums and starting lots of clumsy "psych 101" behavioural threads using his multiple new troll personalities.

That type of behaviour matches someone with no friends and little to no useful activity in their life. Probably a friendless student looking to avoid studying. ;)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
How embarrassed do you think I feel when I tell my co-workers about my space plane and 3-mile long aircraft carrier and they don't believe me? :)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
One time, while trolling forums from work, I said that I toured with Motley Crew. It wasn't until a few days later that someone pointed out that it's spelled Motley Crue (actually Mötley Crüe) and made the point that had I actually toured with them, I would probably know how to actually spell the name. Then I felt like an asshat. Because I was.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I was once the featured act at the Superbowl half time show. At the end of my act, I was supposed to pull off a detachable portion of my co-star's costume to reveal a diamond studded body decoration. However, the ending part was changed at the last moment, and I didn't know about it. When I pulled off the detachable part of her costume, she was only wearing a small nipple decoration. I exposed her boob in front of 50 million viewers. Now that was embarrassing.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
This person, being the first time I have ever used my ignore feature, I must confess the curiosity to see this train wreck is hard to contain.
You should read some of it. It's midly amusing. I think the guy is trying to write a 007 book or something, and is testing his fiction in the forum. Sad part is, some of our members are falling for it.

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
One time, while trolling forums from work, I said that I toured with Motley Crew. It wasn't until a few days later that someone pointed out that it's spelled Motley Crue (actually Mötley Crüe) and made the point that had I actually toured with them, I would probably know how to actually spell the name. Then I felt like an asshat. Because I was.
OK...since it is OBVIOUS some of you here can't handle the idea that I am a touring musician...even though I am...I will make an attempt not to talk about that part of my life so you can all feel better about yourselves...sheeze!

Split Infinity

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
OK...since it is OBVIOUS some of you here can't handle the idea that I am a touring musician...even though I am...I will make an attempt not to talk about that part of my life so you can all feel better about yourselves...sheeze!

Split Infinity
You know what...SCREW THAT!

I am what I am and that's all that I am...and a few other things.

If a few here have issues with who and what I say I am then that is their problem. I am not going to pretend I am something I am not just so a few of you can feel better about your lives and work.

I will instead just read and watch as some of you desperately denounce a person who's only intent was to have a good conversation.

I really feel sad for some of you.

Split Infinity