MOSFET TROUBLE

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Some people just don't get it when it comes to understanding what is required to remotely analyze and fix a problem. This reminds of the way tube circuits were repaired.

1. Take all the tubes out
2. Put 'em on a tube tester
3. Replace the ones that were weak or bad
4. Try to put all the tubes back in the correct socket

We don't even know why the IRFZ44's were replaced in the first place, or weather they came from a working amp or not. For this thread to continue I think we need a great deal more information than has so far been provided. I'm done for the time being.

misael.mata

Joined Aug 26, 2014
So when you trying to asked for help to fixing amplifier, at least that you should attach some clear pictures for PCB side and parts side, otherwise something may happen is that a blind man leading some blind men, it may leading to the Cliff.
im sorry, but what are some reasons why the fets would overheat? i also took all the fets out and measured the gate and source voltage, im getting 12 volts on the gate and 9 volts on source, what causes this overvoltage? help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What makes a transistor overheat?
What makes a car overheat?
It could be out of oil or water. The radiator could be full of rust of clogged with dirt. The water pump might not be pumping. The thermostat might be stuck. The fuel mixture might be too lean. The fan might not be turning.
But all you said was, "What makes a car overheat?". Pick one. Your guess is as good as ours.

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
What makes a transistor overheat?
What makes a car overheat?
It could be out of oil or water. The radiator could be full of rust of clogged with dirt. The water pump might not be pumping. The thermostat might be stuck. The fuel mixture might be too lean. The fan might not be turning.
But all you said was, "What makes a car overheat?". Pick one. Your guess is as good as ours.
I didn't know that a lean fuel mixture would make it run hot!!! (what's the word? Serendipity?)